Url for ide called FP
Author Message
 Url for ide called FP

Where can I find and update for this ide?

+-[_]---------- About ---------------+
|                                    |
|       FreePascal IDE for Dos       |
|       Version 0.9 2000/02/23       |
|     (Compiler Version 0.99.14)     |
|                                    |
|     Copyright (C) 1998-2000 by     |
|                                    |
|            Brczi Gbor            |
|           Pierre Muller            |
|                and                 |
|            Peter Vreman            |
|                                    |
|                 OK   _             |
|               ________             |
+------------------------------------+

Is this the one that's in the beta stage from the fpc ide people?
I quite like this editor except for a few bugs that are easy to fix (not
cleaning up closeing of files etc) .. I remember reading on the
freepascal.org www page that there ide wasen't working yet? or am I amageing
things? herm thanks in advance and please don't kill me if it's in a faq
some where I've checked all that I know of.. and I can't find/remember where
I found it :(

one last point.. any one know if the swag team are going to update there
source ... 97 was a good year but I think people have written code since
then :)

V.V.

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Url for ide called FP

Quote:

> Where can I find and update for this ide?

> +-[_]---------- About ---------------+
> |                                    |
> |       FreePascal IDE for Dos       |
> |       Version 0.9 2000/02/23       |
> |     (Compiler Version 0.99.14)     |
[cut]
> +------------------------------------+

On <http://www.freepascal.org/develop.html#snapshot>

Quote:
> Is this the one that's in the beta stage from the fpc ide people?

Yes.

Quote:
> I quite like this editor except for a few bugs that are easy to fix (not
> cleaning up closeing of files etc) .. I remember reading on the
> freepascal.org www page that there ide wasen't working yet? or am I amageing
> things? herm thanks in advance and please don't kill me if it's in a faq
> some where I've checked all that I know of.. and I can't find/remember where
> I found it :(

You probably found it on the above page, because the IDE wasn't bundled
yet with version 0.99.14.

Note that if you download a new IDE snapshot, it will be a snapshot of
the IDE with version 1.1 of the compiler. This means you will also need
a new rtl (available on the same location in baseXXXX.zip, with XXXX
the name of the OS you use)

Quote:
> one last point.. any one know if the swag team are going to update there
> source ... 97 was a good year but I think people have written code since
> then :)

I believe they stopped updating it and went the Delphi-only way.

Jonas

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Url for ide called FP

Quote:

> On <http://www.freepascal.org/develop.html#snapshot>
> > Is this the one that's in the beta stage from the fpc ide people?
> Yes.

thanks I wasen't sure if it was this one or the ide32 or what ever it called
..
Quote:
> > I quite like this editor except for a few bugs that are easy to fix (not
> > cleaning up closeing of files etc) .. I remember reading on the
> > freepascal.org www page that there ide wasen't working yet? or am I
amageing
> > things? herm thanks in advance and please don't kill me if it's in a faq
> > some where I've checked all that I know of.. and I can't find/remember
where
> > I found it :(

> You probably found it on the above page, because the IDE wasn't bundled
> yet with version 0.99.14.

> Note that if you download a new IDE snapshot, it will be a snapshot of
> the IDE with version 1.1 of the compiler. This means you will also need
> a new rtl (available on the same location in baseXXXX.zip, with XXXX
> the name of the OS you use)

will it work with v 1.0.2 ? or is 1.1 that much diffrent?

Quote:
> > one last point.. any one know if the swag team are going to update there
> > source ... 97 was a good year but I think people have written code since
> > then :)

> I believe they stopped updating it and went the Delphi-only way.

Drat that's really annoying .. thay have alot of good code from all arears
that works equally well with fpk err fpc :) gotta remember the change of
name!

Quote:
> Jonas

Well now it's time I started to write a game better than adom that dosen't
take up 120,000 lines of code.

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Url for ide called FP

Quote:

> > Note that if you download a new IDE snapshot, it will be a snapshot of
> > the IDE with version 1.1 of the compiler. This means you will also need
> > a new rtl (available on the same location in baseXXXX.zip, with XXXX
> > the name of the OS you use)
> will it work with v 1.0.2 ? or is 1.1 that much diffrent?

1.1 is a lot differet from 1.0.2: the latter is simply 1.0 with
bugfixes, 1.1 contains also a lot of new features like (experimental)
support for default parameters and interfaces, a rewritten parser/code
generator for easier porting to other processors, a better optimizer,

The only thing that matters regarding whether or not one compiler can
use the RTL from another, is the ppu version they use (the format in
which the interface of a compiled unit is stored). The ppu version
number is different between 1.0.2 and 1.1, so - yes - you will need the
new rtl as well.

Jonas

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?

2. Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

3. FP: looking for Field function

4. Newbie, FP installation problem

5. TP to FP port

6. NEW VERSIONS: GraphiX for Pascal (GX/BP v7.20, GX/FP: v1.00.alpha6)

7. NEW VERSIONS: GraphiX for Pascal (GX/BP v7.20, GX/FP: v1.00.alpha6)

8. fp to text conversion

9. HELP: FP Calculations clobbered by a pgm's local interrupt handler on PENTIUM, 486

10. slow FP with BPC (&TPC)

11. check voice call or data call

12. New WWW URL - Boris Ingram's Home Page