Os in Pascal
Author Message
 Os in Pascal

I would like to get information about os development in Pascal (if it exists
!)

Thanks

Tonio

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:49:27 GMT
 Os in Pascal
Hi!

Quote:

> I would like to get information about os development in pascal (if it exists
> !)

"OS" = "Operating System" ?
Sure, look for Per Brinch Hansen's "Concurrent Pascal" (a Pascal
dialect with "classes" and "monitors") and the "Solo" system
he wrote for educational purposes. However, this was in the 1970s.
AFAIR, the book is titled "Concurrent Pascal Report" - not sure.

I did not follow this scene afterwards, so there may be other,
newer systems.

Regards,
Joerg Bruehe

--
Joerg Bruehe, SQL Datenbanksysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany
     (speaking only for himself)

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:28:02 GMT
 Os in Pascal

Quote:

> > I would like to get information about os development in pascal
> > (if it exists !)

> "OS" = "Operating System" ?
> Sure, look for Per Brinch Hansen's "Concurrent Pascal" (a Pascal
> dialect with "classes" and "monitors") and the "Solo" system
> he wrote for educational purposes. However, this was in the 1970s.
> AFAIR, the book is titled "Concurrent Pascal Report" - not sure.

> I did not follow this scene afterwards, so there may be other,
> newer systems.

Second the motion.  He divided things into Sequential and
Concurrent Pascal, and basically used it to implement the monitor
concept and display the design of reliable concurrent systems.  He
has a page up at USC I believe - a google should turn it up.

The UCSD Pascal system was also an OS.  In all cases, including C
and Unix and Linux, there always remains a small heart portion
that has to be written in assembly and customized to the hardware.

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:28:53 GMT

1. OS in pascal

2. and again: an OS in pascal

3. Writing OS in PASCAL.

4. Writing OS in PASCAL.

5. Writing OS in PASCAL.

6. Writing OS in PASCAL.

7. [Fwd: Writing OS in PASCAL.]

8. OS/2 Pascal compilers

9. os/2 pascal compiler

10. FA: Virtual Pascal for OS/2, RexxVIM for OS/2

11. Visual Pascal for OS/2, now at Pascal Central

12. Visual Pascal for OS/2, now at Pascal Central