Maybe a bug in Delphi (->properties)
Author Message
 Maybe a bug in Delphi (->properties)

while debugging my project i want to have some variables
and properties listed (of course). unfortunately all properties
seem to have always 0-values.

  i am using a 'workaround', such as assigning a local variable
to the property in question just one line before i want to know
its value (the variables are listed correctly). but this is not
satisfying at all :-{

  is this a bug?  i know that functions are not allowed in
de{*filter*}-lists but properties are no functions, are they?

desperately waiting for comments
werner

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Maybe a bug in Delphi (->properties)
Quote:

>  i know that functions are not allowed in
>de{*filter*}-lists but properties are no functions, are they?

Yes they can be. When the author defined the component he can specify
that the propery was the direct access to an instance variable or to a
function which is called when the property is read (or written). (See
component definition / properties). Its a piece of Delphi's syntactic
sugar but IMHO it has a nice flavor :-)

--
Charles L. Robinson
Datec Inc.

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi>>>>>>>

2. Outer Joins in BDE - maybe a bug

3. OUTER JOINS difference - maybe a bug?

4. OOP: Maybe a tough question, maybe a simple answer

5. Mem >= 64MB bug vs RTE200 bug

6. IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

7. Delphi / PDox is it multiuser ... Maybe not

9. DELPHI 3 BUG EVENT HANDLER BUG!?

10. ** SQL bug or Delphi bug ???

11. HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP ON PROGRAMMING THIS>>>>|||

12. HELP>>HELP>>Using an Index for an MSSQL database