Disabling keyboard and flushing buffer
Author Message
 Disabling keyboard and flushing buffer

I am busy with a project to control a machine remotely via IPX. I need
code to disable the keyboard when a hot-key is pressed on the remote
system.  I know bit 2 of port $21 must be XOR'd, but the problem comes
when something is typed on the machine being controlled. When I
re-enable the keyboard, these keypressed are then pushed back into the
keyboard buffer. I tried clearing the buffer, but some keypresses still
remain somewhere in memory. These keypresses don't appear to go through
the buffer, because after a test program using this disabling system
quits, the keys are piped directly into the source on the screen.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, and where these
keypresses are stored (not $40:$1E)

Thanks

Neil Garratt

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disabling keyboard and clearing buffer after re-enabling it

2. How to flush the buffers?

3. Buffer Flushing and range setting HELP!

4. How can I disable keyboard ?

5. Where is the keyboard buffer?

6. How to put cursor-keys in keyboard buffer??

7. Keyboard-Buffer

8. Extending the 15 keyboard buffer limit??

9. Keyboard Buffer Help

10. Keyboard buffer in Win95

11. Keyboard buffer

12. Get keys from keyboard buffer............