pascal decompiler
Author Message
 pascal decompiler

Any 1 know where i can get a Pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
matters

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
I don't think that there is such.
It would be a very hard program to write, and not a lot of people care for
pascal(no offense),
so if somebody ever were to write decompiler it probably would cost like
$6000 and would
be for C/C++

Quote:
> Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
> matters

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler

Quote:

>Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
>matters

There's no way to get from a executable back to a high-level language.
Most of the language structure goes away during the compile process.
You can get part of the way there if you have debugging information,
but if you have the de{*filter*} information, you probably also have the
source code too.

You can get a disassembler which will translate the object code into
assembly language source, sans any documentation or variable names,
etc.

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler

says...

Quote:
> Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
> matters

What you need is a disassembler.
When a program is compiled it is turned into Assembler and then
recompiled as an assembler source.
A disasseembler will turn your program back into an assembler source but
it is not really possible to go all the way back to a high level language
like C or Pascal from there because of the way Assembler works.
So if you want to view the source of a Pascal program, you'd best learn
some Assembler.

Cheers
   Dave Smith

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
Hi

I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

Marius

Quote:

>>Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
>>matters

>There's no way to get from a executable back to a high-level language.
>Most of the language structure goes away during the compile process.
>You can get part of the way there if you have debugging information,
>but if you have the de{*filter*} information, you probably also have the
>source code too.

>You can get a disassembler which will translate the object code into
>assembly language source, sans any documentation or variable names,
>etc.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
Hi

I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

Marius

Quote:

>>Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
>>matters

>There's no way to get from a executable back to a high-level language.
>Most of the language structure goes away during the compile process.
>You can get part of the way there if you have debugging information,
>but if you have the de{*filter*} information, you probably also have the
>source code too.

>You can get a disassembler which will translate the object code into
>assembly language source, sans any documentation or variable names,
>etc.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
Hi

I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

Marius

Quote:

>>Any 1 know where i can get a pascal decompiler. I use FPK if that actually
>>matters

>There's no way to get from a executable back to a high-level language.
>Most of the language structure goes away during the compile process.
>You can get part of the way there if you have debugging information,
>but if you have the de{*filter*} information, you probably also have the
>source code too.

>You can get a disassembler which will translate the object code into
>assembly language source, sans any documentation or variable names,
>etc.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:24:54 +0200, "Marius"

Quote:

>Hi

>I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

Can you be more specific? Which version of FPK do you have (Linux,
Win32, DOS, ...)? Where do you have the problem? Unpacking the
archive, setting environment variables, using the compiler executable?
BTW, there is plenty of documentation available on every aspect of FPC
at www.freepascal.org.

Regards,
Marco

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
Hi Marco

Win95. Thanks for the tip.

Marius

Quote:

>On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:24:54 +0200, "Marius"

>>Hi

>>I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

>Can you be more specific? Which version of FPK do you have (Linux,
>Win32, DOS, ...)? Where do you have the problem? Unpacking the
>archive, setting environment variables, using the compiler executable?
>BTW, there is plenty of documentation available on every aspect of FPC
>at www.freepascal.org.

>Regards,
>Marco

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pascal decompiler
Hi Marco

Win95. Thanks for the tip.

Marius

Quote:

>On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:24:54 +0200, "Marius"

>>Hi

>>I downloaded FPK, but I can't figure out how to use it :( please help!

>Can you be more specific? Which version of FPK do you have (Linux,
>Win32, DOS, ...)? Where do you have the problem? Unpacking the
>archive, setting environment variables, using the compiler executable?
>BTW, there is plenty of documentation available on every aspect of FPC
>at www.freepascal.org.

>Regards,
>Marco

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo Pascal Decompiler

2. Pascal Decompiler

3. Pascal Decompiler

4. Pascal decompiler

5. Pascal Decompiler

6. pascal decompiler

7. Pascal Decompiler?

8. is thera a decompiler for pascal?

9. decompiler for turbo pascal

10. Turbo.hlp decompiler

11. Has anybody a decompiler for TP 6/7

12. Turbo Helpfile (.tph, .tch, .hlp) Decompiler searched