GTK-Question: gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported?
Author Message
 GTK-Question: gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported?

Hello guys,

I'm using the following line in my Free Pascal/GTk-Application:

gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(childwindow),GTK_WINDOW(parentwindow));

It means, that the childwindow stays in front while the parentwindow (in
the back) is active. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Is
gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported by the GTk-Unit?

I'm using FPC 1.0.6 (If that may be important...).

Thanks in advance,

Dennis-Bendert Schramm
www.dennis-schramm.com

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:19:28 GMT
 GTK-Question: gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported?

Quote:

> Hello guys,

> I'm using the following line in my Free Pascal/GTk-Application:

> gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(childwindow),GTK_WINDOW(parentwindow));

> It means, that the childwindow stays in front while the parentwindow (in
> the back) is active. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Is
> gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported by the GTk-Unit?

I'm not a GTK expert, I'd examine Lazarus' code (lazarus.freepascal.org) if I had
GTK problems, since that is the largest codebase of FPC gtk code I know.

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:27:02 GMT
 GTK-Question: gtk_window_set_transient_for not supported?
Well, the program compiles without any error message, so obviously, the
gtk-unit _knows_ gtk_window_set_transient_for, but it just doesn't work :-(

Greetings,

Dennis Schramm
www.dennis-schramm.com

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:17:25 GMT

1. Capability Not supported.....why not?

2. Capability Not Supported Error

3. Dataset does not support bookmarks...

4. Capabilty not Supported

5. capability not supported

6. Error: 'Capability not supported'

7. D5/Std does not contain any DB support???

8. capability not supported

9. Capability Not Supported, Delphi 4, Oracle 8

10. "capability not supported" w/MSAccess DB

11. String lookup with "STARTING" not supported

12. Capability not supported - runtime only???