WinCRT in FreePascal
Author Message
 WinCRT in FreePascal

Hi,
  I'm faily new to FreePascal, using version 1.0.6.

  My Turbo Pascal for DOS, Version 6.0 programs have converted very
nicely.

  My Turbo Pascal for Windows/Delphi programs are not doing so well.

  I make extensive use of the WinCRT unit. Yes, I know that I can use
the console instead of the WinCRT unit.

  I'm having difficulty in converting my delphi apps that uses the
WinCRT unit. An example program is as follows;

program MyWinCrt;

uses WinCrt;

begin
  Writeln('Delphi');
end.

C>ppc386 mywincrt
Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.6 [2002/04/23] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Win32 for i386
Compiling mywincrt.pas
Linking mywincrt.exe
10 Lines compiled, 31.6 sec

When I execute mywincrt.exe, the output goes to the console, not a
window that emulates a text-only dumb terminal.

When I change the program to;

program MyWinCrt;

{$apptype GUI}

uses WinCrt;

begin
  Writeln('Delphi');
end.

it compiles fine, but when I execute mywincrt.exe, I get the following
in a Windows MessageBox;

Runtime error 103 at 0x00401054
0x00401054
0x004056D9

I still get the above error if I add {$mode DELPHI}

I'm no doubt missing something very simple, so assistance from the
experts out there would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:49:21 GMT

1. wincrt and freepascal

2. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

3. wincrt.tpu

4. wincrt.tpu - Windows window

5. Question on WinCrt of TPW 1.5

6. WINCRT

7. WIncrt

8. WinCRT

9. TDialog in WinCrt ???

10. WinCRT

11. Looking for WinTypes,WinCrt,WinProcs units, please...

12. delay in wincrt?