Using Units with MIPS
Author Message
 Using Units with MIPS

How can I include units in my programs?  PC seems to think that uses is
NOT a reserved word and expects a begin.

Program display_things;
uses crt;
type
        {blah blah blah}
var
        {blah blah blah}
procedures
        {blah blah blah}
begin
        {calls}
end.

This is a rough outline of my code.  PC will take a command line argument
which allows it to compile but doesn't recognise any crt commands.  (When
the uses clause is removed.)

The command line being

pc display_things.p -tr

My compiler is the MIPS Pascal compiler and supposedly uses standard
pascal.

I have a crt1.o file in the directory that the code is in and it searchs
the current directory for units.

Since pc precompiles into C and then compiles using the C compiler should
I use something like #include?

--
 ________________________________________________ _________________________
|                                                |                         |

|   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~keh105/                |   there are things you  |
|   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;|   may not understand."  |
|   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  |   -- Count Iblis        |
|________________________________________________|_________________________|

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Units with MIPS

Quote:
> How can I include units in my programs?  PC seems to think that uses is
> NOT a reserved word and expects a begin.

> Program display_things;
> uses crt;
> type
>         {blah blah blah}
> var
>         {blah blah blah}
> procedures
>         {blah blah blah}
> begin
>         {calls}
> end.

> This is a rough outline of my code.  PC will take a command line argument
> which allows it to compile but doesn't recognise any crt commands.  (When
> the uses clause is removed.)

> The command line being

> pc display_things.p -tr

> My compiler is the MIPS pascal compiler and supposedly uses standard
> pascal.
> I have a crt1.o file in the directory that the code is in and it searchs
> the current directory for units.
> Since pc precompiles into C and then compiles using the C compiler should
> I use something like #include?

   I think you're confused about something here: "uses" is a TP/BP
language clause, and it's used/available only in the Borland Pascal
compiler products.  This MIPS compiler, whatever it is and does, isn't
compatible with these TP/BP features (which are non-standard), so you
shouldn't expect any of this (the CRT stuff, the crtl.o file, etc.) to
function.
   It would seem that someone has led you to believe that you can "grow
apples and drink orange juice".  You'll have to find out what
clauses/options apply to the MIPS system and use them, not the "Uses"
and other TP/BP stuff...

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Units using units

2. Units using units

3. Using overlays in units

4. I/O redirection while using CRT unit.

5. using TPU units in FreePascal

6. Unit Uses

7. help for including units in main file (i am using BP7)

8. Using tp6 units in tp7

9. Long filenames using DOS unit

10. Looking for units to uses DBase databases in Pascal

11. ASM files used in BP units

12. Clearing Screen Without Using CRT Unit?