Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal
Author Message
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

Hello,

Is there anyone how knows how to make the Euro-sign in TurbuPascal.
I know there is a way to make your own characters but I don't know how,
Thanks for any help.

Guus

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:18:53 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

Quote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: quoted-printable

illegible.  Don't use mime, html, or attachments in newsgroups.

--

   (Remove "XXXX" from reply address. yahoo works unmodified)

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:14:28 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

Quote:

> Hello,

> Is there anyone how knows how to make the Euro-sign in TurbuPascal.

> I know there is a way to make your own characters but I don't know how,

> Thanks for any help.

> Guus

Look at Ralf Brown's Intlist for Interrupt 10h if you mean to change
TEXTMODE characters. There exist several subfunctions to deal with this.

Markus

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:57:15 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

Quote:

> Hello,

> Is there anyone how knows how to make the Euro-sign in TurbuPascal.
> I know there is a way to make your own characters but I don't know
> how,
> Thanks for any help.

letter #238 looks quite similar to an euro sign

Michael

--
    // Michael A. Knapp * Mauerbach-Nieder?sterreich-Austria-Europe //

  // ============== G r a p h i X for Freepascal ================ //
 // The Graphics Library for     http://www.graphix4pascal.de.vu //
// DOS, Win32, Linux   http://programmierer.freepage.de/graphix //

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 04:07:24 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

If you are writing a DOS program, it is impossible. DOS predates the Euro, so no support for the Euro is included in the code pages. Under Windows 9x/NT, some fonts have the Euro symbol defined as character 0128 (hold down the ALT key, then type 0128 using the numeric keypad). A quick perusal of the fonts instaled on my system shows that Arial, Times New Roman and Lucida console all define the Euro symbol.

--
Daniel Pfeffer

  Hello,

  Is there anyone how knows how to make the Euro-sign in TurbuPascal.
  I know there is a way to make your own characters but I don't know how,
  Thanks for any help.

  Guus

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:20:29 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

> ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C145E6.5FD12060

Huh? What does that mean?

Quote:
> If you are writing a DOS program, it is impossible. DOS predates the =
> Euro, so no support for the Euro is included in the code pages. Under =
> Windows 9x/NT, some fonts have the Euro symbol defined as character 0128 =
> (hold down the ALT key, then type 0128 using the numeric keypad). A =
> quick perusal of the fonts instaled on my system shows that Arial, Times =
> New Roman and Lucida console all define the Euro symbol.

Under dos one can modify fonts and codepages. Also modern doses are newer than
the last windows version

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:08:51 GMT
 Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

24 Sep 2001 22:07:24 :-

Quote:

>> Is there anyone how knows how to make the Euro-sign in TurbuPascal.
>> I know there is a way to make your own characters but I don't know
>> how,
>> Thanks for any help.

>letter #238 looks quite similar to an euro sign

In Code Pages 437, 860, 863, 865; not in 850, 852; the others I don't
know.

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:14:24 GMT

1. Euro Character in TurboPascal

2. TechTips: Database corruption - signs and symptoms

3. TTable.Filter and Minus-Sign in Fieldnames

4. EURO, Dual currency problems

5. Euro models wants to come to USA , Canada

6. Euro-character on epson

7. Printing the Euro character ...

8. Euro currency symbol ...

9. Problem: Change Currency to Euro?