How does Microsoft calculate the Window Heading font in Win95/98???
Author Message
 How does Microsoft calculate the Window Heading font in Win95/98???

I made a Procedure to retrive the "Desktop Appearance" from the
Win95-registry key :
  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\WindowMetrics\CaptionFont.

I receive the font (TLogfont ) correctly.

When I use the recived font in the Windows CaptionBar the fonts are only
half of the correct size.

Only :  MS Sans Serif, size 8, Bold  comes out  correct.  It seams like when
I'm using True Type fonts I'm not calculating the font to the right size ???

I've tryed to calculate to the size like this :
Font.lfHeight := -MulDiv(GetRegistryCaptionHeight, GetDeviceCaps(HWindow,
LOGPIXELSY), 172); It ends up close,but not correct.

How does Microsoft calculate the Window Heading font in Win95/98???
Can anyone help???

Best regards

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

2. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

3. Rotate/Flip a Metafile [Win95/98] ?

4. Win95/98 and D3-Paradox

5. Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP

6. Win95/98 checking and reporting

7. Win95/98 checking and reporting

8. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

9. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

10. ASCII codes in Windows 98

11. Paradox Table corruption & Windows 98

12. HELP TPascal 7 under Windows 98/512M RAM/P3-900