FPC (DOS) and (n)curses
Author Message
 FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

  Hello,

  Is there any way to use the ncurses library with FPC under MSDOS? I know
about the pdcurses library, which seems to be basically a DOS/Windows port
of ncurses.

  I downloaded the DOS binary library files from the PDCurses homepage and
tried to adjust the ncurses.pp file that comes with the Linux distribution
of FPC to work under DOS, but the linker doesn't seem to accept the format
of the binary file (ncurses.a). Do I have to install DJGPP and recompile the
library myself, or is it still possible to use the provided binaries?

  Cheers, Gero

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

Quote:

>  Hello,

>  Is there any way to use the ncurses library with FPC under MSDOS? I know
>about the pdcurses library, which seems to be basically a DOS/Windows port
>of ncurses.

>  I downloaded the DOS binary library files from the PDCurses homepage and
>tried to adjust the ncurses.pp file that comes with the Linux distribution
>of FPC to work under DOS, but the linker doesn't seem to accept the format
>of the binary file (ncurses.a). Do I have to install DJGPP and recompile the
>library myself, or is it still possible to use the provided binaries?

That's odd. What does it say exactly?

Alternately, you could also try to get the curses library for dos from GPC,
and try if it works with FPC's headers.

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

Quote:
>of FPC to work under DOS, but the linker doesn't seem to accept the format
>of the binary file (ncurses.a). Do I have to install DJGPP and recompile the
>library myself, or is it still possible to use the provided binaries?

  If you use
  {$linklib ncurses}
then FPC adds the
-lncurses
line into the linker script file
and thus ld will search for libncurses.a !

  Try to rename your library to libncurses.a to see if it helps.

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

Quote:

>   Try to rename your library to libncurses.a to see if it helps.

  Well, that helped -- a bit. But I'm afraid that I still need a complete c
stdlib well. ncurses.pp contains {$linklib c}... I decided to download the
DJGPP package, after all. I also copied the file gcc.a to libgcc.a and
changed the above statement to {$linklib gcc}. If I try to compile the
testn.pp demo program, the linker gives some screenfuls of messages like

  C:\DEV\PP100\UNITS\GO32V2\NCURSES\/libncurses.a(pdcutil.o)(.text+0x8e9):
  pdcutil.c: undefined reference to 'dj_ctype_flags'

  Probably I'm just being thick... But what do I have to do now?

  Cheers, Gero

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

Quote:

>>   Try to rename your library to libncurses.a to see if it helps.

>  Well, that helped -- a bit. But I'm afraid that I still need a complete c
>stdlib well. ncurses.pp contains {$linklib c}... I decided to download the
>DJGPP package, after all. I also copied the file gcc.a to libgcc.a and
>changed the above statement to {$linklib gcc}. If I try to compile the

  You can't remove libc like that !!
Doesn't it compile with {$linklib c} ?
Did you also download the package containing libc.a ?
It comes in djdev203.zip !

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC and crashing DOS IDE

2. FLOCK for DOS FPC?

3. Prob: FPC Installation on "DOS 7"

4. How to use rhide and FPC under DOS

5. The Curse of Table/Index Corruption!!!

6. The Curse of Table/Index Corruption!!!

7. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs

8. FPC: translate execvp from c to FPC

9. Timer in DOS, running in a DOS-Box of Win95

10. DOS or Windows? (Please say DOS)

11. BP7/DOS in Win95 DOS Box - IOResult problems

12. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC