Software news
Author Message
 Software news

Hello all,

    there have been a bunch of updates of my source code on my site.

This is an announcement for:

CPU package
--------------

The CPU package is a free powerful cpu detection / timing unit featuring
microsecond resolution.

News for rel2rev11:
* Full compatibility for the following Pascal compilers/target platform:
- delphi 3+: Windows (Delphi 2 with slight changes; due to D2 compiler
problems)
- Free Pascal: Linux, OS/2, GO32, Windows32
- Virtual Pascal: DPMI32, Windows32, OS/2.
* lots of documentation additions
* multiprocessor aware on FPC/Win32 platform
* accuracy improvement on FPC/Win32 platform

Planned:
* Full multiprocessor awareness for all compiler / platform targets
* Virtual Pascal / Linux port

Be sure to check out docupd.txt for latest news in the main directory as
well as the documentation itself.

DIRECTX header translation
-----------------------------

Latest DirectX header translations for the Free Pascal compiler. It is based
on the DirectX 7.0a header translation from Erik Unger from 30. July 2000.

News for rel0rev9:
* Includes all DirectX parts except DirectMusic due to FPC limitations
(Direct3D, Direct3DRM, DirectDraw, DirectInput, DirectPlay, DirectSetup,
DirectSound)
* Seven DirectDraw sample programs
* A readme which contains instructions how to port existing C/C++ code.

Planned:
* Some more examples for all DirectX parts - I'd gladly appreciate any help
here; I'll set up a dedicated 'DirectX Corner' on my site if there's enough
feedback.

Please read the readme file.

DPMI package
----------------

This is a Free Pascal API to the GO32 DPMI functions.

News for rel1rev11:
* slight documentation changes
* all example programs work with 'pure' DOS again ;)
* 'near pointer' mapping is now more Win 2000 friendly
* new directory structure, makefile support
* some docs about go32 portability
* needs recent CPU package
* all examples work without direct mode assembly, no 'hacks' anymore

Readme file / short installation guide

MEMORY package
---------------------

MEMORY is a general purpose memory copying / memory effects encorporating
MMX / SSE library for the Free Pascal compiler.

News:
* fast masked memory transfers with key value, bit mask and byte mask
* 'scaled' memory transfers
* mirrored memory transfers

everything for use with 15/16/32 bits per pixel styled graphics memory.

Get all that stuff at my homepage at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tom_at_work/index.html

I added some links to probably interesting sites too.

If you're using Netscape Navigator consider disabling CSS.

In hope it works for you as well as it does for me,
    Thomas

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:58:23 GMT
 Software news
CPU unit
---------

I added a small Delphi 2 VCL example program (and Delphi 2+ compatibility
btw) a few minutes ago.
Some small internal changes for Free Pascal / Virtual Pascal are included
too.

Regards,
    Thomas

Quote:
> [...]

> * some docs about go32 portability
> * needs recent CPU package
> * all examples work without direct mode assembly, no 'hacks' anymore

> Readme file / short installation guide

> MEMORY package
> ---------------------

> MEMORY is a general purpose memory copying / memory effects encorporating
> MMX / SSE library for the Free Pascal compiler.

> News:
> * fast masked memory transfers with key value, bit mask and byte mask
> * 'scaled' memory transfers
> * mirrored memory transfers

> everything for use with 15/16/32 bits per pixel styled graphics memory.

> Get all that stuff at my homepage at
>    http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/index.html

> I added some links to probably interesting sites too.

> If you're using Netscape Navigator consider disabling CSS.

> In hope it works for you as well as it does for me,

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:26:50 GMT
 Software news
Sorry to bother you again but,

Note that due to a problem with Delphi 5 the CPU package has been
reuploaded.... due to a small problem with the 'overload' identifier and
FPC.

And btw, these are the platforms I have already tested current package
successfully:

FPC 1.1: Linux / Win32 / GO32V2
VP 2.1b: Win32 / DPMI32
Delphi 2
Delphi 5 [reported]

Untested:
FPC 1.1: OS/2
VP 2.1b: OS/2 (compilation only)

I am looking forward that they work nevertheless - no code has been changed
since the last release ;) I'd appreciate if somebody could run + test there

Thank you in advance,
    Thomas

Quote:
> [...]

> > * needs recent CPU package
> > * all examples work without direct mode assembly, no 'hacks' anymore

> > Readme file / short installation guide

> > MEMORY package
> > ---------------------

> > MEMORY is a general purpose memory copying / memory effects
encorporating
> > MMX / SSE library for the Free Pascal compiler.

> > News:
> > * fast masked memory transfers with key value, bit mask and byte mask
> > * 'scaled' memory transfers
> > * mirrored memory transfers

> > everything for use with 15/16/32 bits per pixel styled graphics memory.

> > Get all that stuff at my homepage at
> >    http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/index.html

> > I added some links to probably interesting sites too.

> > If you're using Netscape Navigator consider disabling CSS.

> > In hope it works for you as well as it does for me,

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 02:04:07 GMT

1. Vista Software - Important Apollo & Artemis News

2. News Release: Ernst & Young Consulting Wins ACS Software Challenge Using Borland

3. Does borland have a news server?

4. NEW SPANISH DELPHI NEWS: CTV.ES

5. ANN: Apollo ASP Released To Beta, and other news

6. New Spanish News Forum for Delphi

7. good news for people looking for borland turbo pascal 7

8. You must see: News Group A Dedicate Delphi Developers Helping Delphi Developers

9. Fresh news on 32-Bit Pascal for DOS

10. Ikarios news

11. looking for a good news server

12. News release: New Internet training service for client/server