cross platform pascal
Author Message
 cross platform pascal

could someone please tell me where i can get a Pascal compiler / interpreter
for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows 98
box. i dont mind altering the code slightly, but i dont want to do any
significant changes to the code for programming on both machines. as long as
i can get my routines sorted out in pascal, and then adapt them slightly for
windows, that is fine.
would it be a possibility to use WINE, and then run turbo pascal through
that? at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal 5.5.

any help appreciated, thanx

craig

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 cross platform pascal

Quote:
> could someone please tell me where i can get a pascal compiler /
interpreter
> for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
> would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows
98
> box.
> at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal 5.5.

You should habe a look at  Free PAscal ( www.freepascal.org )
You can use Turbo Pascal like Code, and it should also run using linux.
(I'm not sure about that, couse I don't habe linux)

Hope that helps

    Martin

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 cross platform pascal

:> could someone please tell me where i can get a pascal compiler /
: interpreter
:> for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
:> would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows
: 98
:> box.
:>....
:> at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal 5.5.
:>

: You should habe a look at  Free PAscal ( www.freepascal.org )
: You can use Turbo Pascal like Code, and it should also run using linux.
: (I'm not sure about that, couse I don't habe linux)

: Hope that helps

there's free pascal for w32 and linux there!

Chris

>:)(:<

        "The heart is a {*filter*} organ,
         it inflates,
         and deflates." R.B.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 cross platform pascal

Quote:

>:> could someone please tell me where i can get a pascal compiler /
>: interpreter
>:> for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
>:> would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows
>: 98
>:> box.
>:>....
>:> at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal 5.5.
>:>

>: You should habe a look at  Free PAscal ( www.freepascal.org )
>: You can use Turbo Pascal like Code, and it should also run using linux.
>: (I'm not sure about that, couse I don't habe linux)

>: Hope that helps

>there's free pascal for w32 and linux there!

And OS/2, Dos (with extender), and, starting with next week, an alpha
FreeBSD version.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:51:10 GMT
 cross platform pascal

Quote:

> could someone please tell me where i can get a pascal compiler / interpreter
> for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
> would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows 98
> box. i dont mind altering the code slightly, but i dont want to do any
> significant changes to the code for programming on both machines. as long as
> i can get my routines sorted out in pascal, and then adapt them slightly for
> windows, that is fine.
> would it be a possibility to use WINE, and then run turbo pascal through
> that? at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal 5.5.

Try:
FreePascal
http://www.freepascal.org/

Or try GNU-Pascal:
http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/

I know that Turbo Pascal 7 runs with DOSEMU under Linux (I think TP 5.5
will also) but I've never tried WINE so I don't know about TPW.

Wolf

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 cross platform pascal
Try www.vpascal.com

Quote:

>could someone please tell me where i can get a pascal compiler /
interpreter
>for linux, i am programming my a-level computing project in pascal, but
>would like to use my own corel linux box, as well as the schools windows 98
>box. i dont mind altering the code slightly, but i dont want to do any
>significant changes to the code for programming on both machines. as long
as
>i can get my routines sorted out in pascal, and then adapt them slightly
for
>windows, that is fine.
>would it be a possibility to use WINE, and then run turbo pascal through
>that? at school im using turbo pascal for windows 1.5, and turbo pascal
5.5.

>any help appreciated, thanx

>craig

>http://www.craighennessey.co.uk

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. cross platform pascal

2. Pascal for Cross Platform Users

3. delphi, java and cross-platform

4. Cross platform support???

5. Need recommendation for a Windows and Mac Cross platform RDBMS using Netware 4.1

6. Cross-platform Borland

7. REPLACE Platform->VO WITH Platform->Delphi

8. Pascal On All Platforms and Databases

9. Free Pascal: Compiling syslinux.pp on a Windows platform

10. porting VAX Pascal to new platform

11. Pascal on the C-minded Unix (Linux) platform ?

12. Pascal compiler for win32 platform