Need help parsing RIFF WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM (.wav) header in format chunk
Author Message
 Need help parsing RIFF WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM (.wav) header in format chunk

Hello,

I am having some trouble locating good documentation that I can use to setup
some Pascal code to parse the format chunk of a .wav file in the
WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM format.

I need to determine Channels, Frequency, and Length (in seconds).

For WAVE_FORMAT_PCM, I can get the Length from dividing the data size by the
frequency.  However, this calculation doesn't work when applied to
WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM format files.

Do the Samples Per Block or Coefficients come into play?  I do not need
anything above and beyond the parsing of the header.

Does anyone have the formula to calculate the length (in seconds) of the
WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM format RIFF files?

--James

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~james
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. RIFF files (.WAV)

2. WAV Format Problem / Problema con Formatos WAV

3. Parsing e-mail headers

4. Need Help Parsing Integer

5. Invalid formatted memo header

6. Invalid Formatted Memo Header (Table-Repair message)

7. I need help for playing CD track and .wav file on MS-DOS mode

8. HELP!! Need a WAV play routine

9. WAV file format

10. format of .wav?

11. WAV File Format