HELP: Info dialog in BPW
Author Message
 HELP: Info dialog in BPW

Hi !

Have you seen how BPW or Netscape starts ? Before the main window pops up you can see little
info window [ usualy with some bitmap or icon ] which tells what program is loading and so on ...
[ Borland Pascal for windows 7.0 Copyright .... for BPW ]. I want to do it myself , but this just
don't go :-( I created simple dialog with bitmap and some text in ResorceWorkshop , but I can't
load it! As I understand it I must use the DialogBox function to open it as modal dialog , but
the only result I have - General protection fault ... :-( Here's my code :

{$R XKill.RES}  {This is my resorce file. Dialog I want to display is named "About" );
USES OWindows,ODialogs,WINCRT,WInAPI,toolhelp,Win31,WinProcs,WinTypes,MMSystem,Strings;
{ I use everything I can to be shure :-) }

VAR DHook:tFarProc;
    DInt:integer;

function DefDlgProc(Dlg:hWnd;Msg,wParam:Word;lParam:LongInt):LongInt;
begin
   WasteSomeTime;  {Delay , so user can read the info in the dialog}
   EndDialog(hInstance,DInt);
end;

BEGIN

    DInt:=DialogBox(hInstance,'About',0,DHook);
END.

But this don't work ! I must be missing something :-( So , it would be so kind of you to post here
any ideas or [ I'm looking forward to see this ] brief example.

10xxxx in advance :-)

C U PalZ :-)

Wed, 30 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: Info Dialog in BPW

2. W95/98 FileOpen/FileSaveAs Dialog for TPW / BPW.

3. (un)fun with tabbed dialogs/child dialogs/buttons

4. Modal dialog on Modal dialog

5. Info-Pascal still around? (was subscribe info-pascal)

6. Help! Password dialog

7. bpw help file

8. Database help with BPW

9. HELP: Foreign Carac. in BPW 7.0