How do I know DOS program is under Win 95 or Win NT
Author Message
 How do I know DOS program is under Win 95 or Win NT

I have a DOS driver, written in Pascal , and I put some extra
instructions under Win NT, these instructions will cause problem under
Win 95. Since we don't want to ship two different versions of drivers to
our customer, so  I need to set a "flag" to avoid executing these
instructions under Win 95. Now the problem is, Inside my DOS program,
how do I know I am in Win NT or Win 95?

Is it something like "int 21h" calls to catch the "flag"?

I can't find any documented help. Is anybody got some answers? That will

help me a lot.

Harold

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I know DOS program is under Win 95 or Win NT

Quote:

> I have a DOS driver, written in Pascal , and I put some extra
> instructions under Win NT, these instructions will cause problem under
> Win 95. Since we don't want to ship two different versions of drivers to
> our customer, so  I need to set a "flag" to avoid executing these
> instructions under Win 95. Now the problem is, Inside my DOS program,
> how do I know I am in Win NT or Win 95?

> Is it something like "int 21h" calls to catch the "flag"?

> I can't find any documented help. Is anybody got some answers? That will

> help me a lot.

> Harold

Timo's FAQ # 126
How do I detect if my program is running under Windows?

You find it (and plenty more!) on the TP-links site in
the FAQ - chapter. You can download it then.

Franz Glaser

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server for Win 95 and Win NT?

2. Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

3. Creating Win 3.1 apps/network apps in win 95

4. Pascal Compiler for Win 3.1 / Win 95

5. Reportsmith won't print to fax on Win 95

6. BP7.0 for Win under Win 95

7. Win NT/95 generic SQL*NET Connections

8. Turbo Pascal running under Win 95 Client from NT server

9. Interbase/w NT and Win 95

10. Wanted Pascal 4,5,6 or 7 for DOS/Win 95

11. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

12. CHKDSK, Win NT, and DOS Int21 Function 1Ch Get Drive Data