Help with BlockRead
Author Message
 Help with BlockRead

Hi, I'm trying to open an un-typed file and read a record from the file.  I tried this but it didn't
work.  Can someone please tell me what's wrong?  I think it is something wrong with how I am using
the BlockRead command, but I'm not sure. TIA.

program GAFEditor;

type
  _GAFHeader = record
    IDVersion: longint; {Always 0x00010100}
    Entries: longint; {Number of items in this file}
    Unknown1: longint; {Always 0}
  end;

var
  GAFHeader: _GAFHeader;
  GAFFile: file;

procedure OpenFile;
var
        filename: string[79];
begin
 filename:='C:\' + 'nocomp' + '.gaf';
  assign(GAFFile, filename);
  reset(GAFFile);
  blockread(GAFFile, GAFHeader, sizeof(GAFHeader));
  close(GAFFile);
end;

begin
        OpenFile;
end.

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with BlockRead

Nevermind, I figured it out, Thanks though.

Dave

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with BlockRead

2. Q : Help with fpk and blockread

3. help need with BlockRead

4. Urgent help needed with GFx mode and BlockRead/BlockWrite

5. error 200 on blockread (w/ patched tpl files)

6. Blockread/Blockwrite question.

7. Blockread/Blockwrite question

8. BLOCKREAD&BLOCKWRITE?

9. Correct use of BlockRead or alternative loading approach

10. BlockRead

11. blockread and JAVA

12. Blockread/write, how fast?