Any decent Pascal interpeters out there?
Author Message
 Any decent Pascal interpeters out there?

FPC?
You can call it by a new name of IDE if you want but the Borland TurboPascal
fits the bill except for one {*filter*} - it doesn't do windoz DOS shell!  I
assume that you mean FreePascal COMPILER as the FPC abbr. that you are
using.  FWIW, I went to the Lazarus site and they only have stuff for Linux
which leaves me out of the mix as I'm running in a Windoz enviroment.
I'm an old time programmer that just needs to convert a Pascal program that
is a crude thing into something that works better and I'd rather not
continue in Pascal as it is not one of the languages that I prefer.  I just
need a small IDE setup that I can switch to in windoz so that I can run two
IDE enviroments on one computer and be able to switch between them to see
what the effects of the code is.  I don't care if the IDE works in a DOS
window or in windows itself.
Yep, Borland is a good product BUT it is a DOS only setup and thus not what
I am trying to do.
As to size, I'm not running on a fast connection (and don't want to spend
the money monthly for such a service!) so 20MB of stuff is going to take a
long while to download and then find out it isn't what I am looking for.  I
generally put the max. download to 5MB and only under duress as the rest of
the system doesn't have all that much space left in it.  I've already got
two disks in the system and they are, of course, almost full enough to start
making problems with a bunch of other programs and so forth.
I was just wondering if there was something other than TurboPascal out there
that won't try taking up all of my computer.  I do a lot of other stuff with
it and programming is just a small part of the purpose of this computer.
FWIW, I don't have the latest and greatest of VB (I'm running ver. 2.0 and
it has all of the crud pulled out of it to allow less space to be used).
To put things quickly, I just need a tool to check out some Pascal code that
I have and don't need a huge bloatware to finish filling my computer up.  If
there is nothing out there then I guess that I run two computers and live
with it.
--
Bob May
Why is there an Ozone Hole at the South Pole but Not at the North Pole?

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:20:18 GMT
 Any decent Pascal interpeters out there?

Quote:

> FPC?
> You can call it by a new name of IDE if you want but the Borland TurboPascal
> fits the bill except for one {*filter*} - it doesn't do windoz DOS shell!  I

This is mainly your opinion, and not a request for help. There is no reason
that an older version of Borland should not run in a dos window, and even if there
is, there is probally a workaround by now. However, you are not going to get
anywhere with this kind of flame. Try posting politely in the borland
group. None of us are paid, nobody HAS to help you. But by being willing
to listen, you can get a lot of help for free.

Good luck.

--
Warning: poster of this email may be under the influence of
sleep inducing documents !

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:30:32 GMT
 Any decent Pascal interpeters out there?

Quote:
>This is mainly your opinion, and not a request for help. There is no reason
>that an older version of Borland should not run in a dos window,

Right.  It works for me under every version of Windows 95, 98, ME and
XP.  I haven't tried it under NT or 2000.

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:55:10 GMT

1. how to make multiple read outs - help

2. how do you make multiple read outs?

3. Table jumps outs edit mode newby

4. Eliminating seperation of chars and a decent font loader

5. Decent Top-View Map File Format

6. **HELP**.. where can I find some DECENT mscdex documentation.

7. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

8. Prospero Pascal, and Friends of Pascal

9. Pascal & Pascal+BASM programs

10. Kompatibilit?t von Turbo Pascal und Topspeed Pascal

11. Help With Pascal Iwant to call C function from Pascal