Pascal compiler for win32 platform
Author Message
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7 (objects support
not required) that can compile 32 bit code for Win 95/98/NT.

Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:
> I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7 (objects support
> not required) that can compile 32 bit code for Win 95/98/NT.

I'm aware of two which should fit your needs:

Sibyl by SpeedSoft in Germany, and Virtual Pascal by fPrint
of the U.K.

Both of them started out as Delphi clones for OS/2, but
can now also produce Win32 binaries from the same source.
There's also talk that Virtual Pascal may be including
Linux in the future.

You won't be able to use the low level direct hardware
functions of BP7, but your BP7 code should compile with
few modifications.

Quote:
> Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

I will, but the question was posted in a newsgroup, so
I'll post a reply as well.

Regards,
Brian

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:

> > I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7 (objects support
> > not required) that can compile 32 bit code for Win 95/98/NT.

> I'm aware of two which should fit your needs:

> Sibyl by SpeedSoft in Germany, and Virtual Pascal by fPrint
> of the U.K.

> Both of them started out as Delphi clones for OS/2, but
> can now also produce Win32 binaries from the same source.
> There's also talk that Virtual Pascal may be including
> Linux in the future.

Actually, these statements are a bit misleading. Sibyl, though indeed a
Delphi clone, grew up out of Speed Pascal, a clone of TPW/BPW that never
got very far. On the other hand, Virtual Pascal (VP) has always been a
direct clone of BP7, with extensions for Delphi's syntax and Class
model. While this may seem to be saying the same thing, it's not. While
VP can be tuned to support only BP7 constructs and flag Delphi-isms as
errors, Sibyl cannot.

Also, Sibyl's IDE and compiler are only available under OS/2; while they
can indeed compile code for Win32 targets, you have to use OS/2 to use
it.

Quote:
> You won't be able to use the low level direct hardware
> functions of BP7, but your BP7 code should compile with
> few modifications.

That depends on which "low-level direct hardware functions" you're
talking about. Some things are available, some aren't.
Quote:
> > Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

> I will, but the question was posted in a newsgroup, so
> I'll post a reply as well.

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:
> Also, Sibyl's IDE and compiler are only available under OS/2; while they
> can indeed compile code for Win32 targets, you have to use OS/2 to use
> it.

Hmmmm. Does that include the new Sibyl Win32 beta? I was under the
impression it was an OS/2<-->Win32 cross-compiler hosted on Win32.

It's too bad that NT doesn't include HPFS support any more. I "much"
prefer OS/2 to NT, particularly the WPS, as opposed to that brain-dead
Windows 95 shell that NT uses.

Unfortunately, IBM blew it in the marketing department, and OS/2 seems
to be slowly fading from the scene.

Regards,
Brian.

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:

> I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7
> (objects support not required) that can compile 32 bit code
>  for Win 95/98/NT.

> Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

What about the PasW32 units library, which make Delphi 3
compile TP code for 32-bit OS. You find a link in the
compiler chapter of the TP-links amongst other 32-bit
compiler implementations.
Regards, Franz Glaser

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform
Delphi in console mode will probably do it.

MH.

Quote:

> I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7 (objects support
> not required) that can compile 32 bit code for Win 95/98/NT.

> Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:

> Delphi in console mode will probably do it.

> MH.

> > I need a Pascal compiler compatible with Borland Pascal 7 (objects support
> > not required) that can compile 32 bit code for Win 95/98/NT.

> > Any info is welcome. Please send via e-mail.

I use fPrint Virtual Pascal 2.0.... It's the most Borland Pascal 7
compatible Win32 compiler.

The IDE looks like BP7 - because they also used Turbo Vision to write
theirs. Except that you can now have long file names. The built in
assembler supports 32bit menmonics and it appears to generate better
(faster) code than Delphi 2.

Also, OWL is available... But you need the BP7 RTL sources as it patches
them for 32bit use.

http://www.fprint.co.uk/vpascal

Regards

        Antony.

Creator of PowerMOD/2 and other such things...

Site of The Universal Nexus  (http://nuts.ml.org/)

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal compiler for win32 platform

Quote:

> > Also, Sibyl's IDE and compiler are only available under OS/2; while they
> > can indeed compile code for Win32 targets, you have to use OS/2 to use
> > it.

> Hmmmm. Does that include the new Sibyl Win32 beta? I was under the
> impression it was an OS/2<-->Win32 cross-compiler hosted on Win32.

According to the SpeedSoft home page (www.ndrh.de/speed), the beta compiler is
a patch for Sibyl so that it can compile to the Win32 target.

  deek.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. req: freeware 32bit dos/win32 pascal compilers

2. Compiler-Destination platform / BP 7.0

3. REPLACE Platform->VO WITH Platform->Delphi

4. Pascal On All Platforms and Databases

5. Free Pascal: Compiling syslinux.pp on a Windows platform

6. cross platform pascal

7. cross platform pascal

8. porting VAX Pascal to new platform

9. Pascal on the C-minded Unix (Linux) platform ?

10. Pascal for Cross Platform Users

11. OLE 2 pascal unit for Win32

12. Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal