IDEA unit in FreePascal?
Author Message
 IDEA unit in FreePascal?

Hi!

I wanted to ask if anyone has written IDEA crypto unit for FreePascal? The
only one I found from the web was an old Turbo Pascal IDEA unit. Since TP
is 16-bit compiler and the unit also contained a lot of 16-bit asm code I
am afraid that the performance of it is not quite optimal...

Another IDEA related problem: when enciphering, the unit takes in data 8
bytes and then rotates, shifts, XORs etc. with that. The problem is - what
should I do when the length of input file is not divisible by 8? So far I
have included padding bytes for the file so that is divisible by 8, but
then the length decrypted file is longer than the input file... any ideas?

Reaper

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:39:56 GMT
 IDEA unit in FreePascal?

Quote:
> I wanted to ask if anyone has written IDEA crypto unit for FreePascal?

There's one included (in the fcl). It's called "idea". There is no
documentation for the fcl yet though, so you'll have to look at the
source to know how to use it.

Jonas

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:09:22 GMT

1. IDEA-Unit for Pascal

2. FreePascal unit for SMTP?

3. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

4. Freepascal Units and functions description

5. using TPU units in FreePascal

6. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

7. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

8. ADOExpress Stored procedure parameters (TeamB - any ideas?)

9. Databasename = '..\data\ a very bad idea ?!?

10. IDEAS For Object Type Database

11. SWAG: A novel(?) idea

12. Create field in SQL - any ideas?