Besoin d'aide en dveloppement Windows?
Cliquez ici: http://www.*-*-*.com/
tel/fax: +33 (0)1 69 40 94 85

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed site?
I'm doing an A-level computing course, and for my coursework I'm trying to
put together a program which regulates the usage of computer games by school
pupils. I intend to use a password system to gain access to games, so for
example younger pupils will not be able to access Doom-style games which may
not be suitable. Obviously there will be other parts to the program, but my
question is this: is it possible to run an .exe file from within a Pascal
program, because if after the user enters their username and password and
selects a game, and the program isn't actually able to run it, the system
would be useless. Does any1 know if Pascal supports this, and if so, how do
I use it? Many thanx in anticipation of reply.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed site?
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:33:24 +0100, "itlab1.12"

Quote:

>I'm doing an A-level computing course, and for my coursework I'm trying to
>put together a program which regulates the usage of computer games by school
>pupils. I intend to use a password system to gain access to games, so for
>example younger pupils will not be able to access Doom-style games which may
>not be suitable. Obviously there will be other parts to the program, but my
>question is this: is it possible to run an .exe file from within a Pascal
>program, because if after the user enters their username and password and
>selects a game, and the program isn't actually able to run it, the system
>would be useless. Does any1 know if Pascal supports this, and if so, how do
>I use it? Many thanx in anticipation of reply.

Hi!
Yes, Pascal supports this way of executing a program. Look in the
online help under 'procedure Exec(Name,CmdLine:string); '. This
procedure executes the file <Name> with the parameters <CmdLine>. You
should uses 'procedure SwapVectors;' before and after executing your
external program.
Also, you should use the ' {$M stack, heapmin, heapmax}' commando at
the beginning of your program. Otherwise, (or if your program uses too
much ram) there won't be enough free conventional ram...
I hope that helps
regards,
                Christoph

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed site?
Hi itlab1.12,

11 Juni 1999, 09:33; itlab1.12 wrote a message. This requires reply!

 i> I'm doing an A-level computing course, and for my coursework I'm
 i> trying to put together a program which regulates the usage of computer
 i> games by school pupils. I intend to use a password system to gain
 i> access to games, so for example younger pupils will not be able to
 i> access Doom-style games which may not be suitable.

Don't they have to make the choice, instead of you?

 i> Obviously there
 i> will be other parts to the program, but my question is this: is it
 i> possible to run an .exe file from within a Pascal program, because if
 i> after the user enters their username and password and selects a game,
 i> and the program isn't actually able to run it, the system would be
 i> useless. Does any1 know if Pascal supports this, and if so, how do I
 i> use it? Many thanx in anticipation of reply.

Yes, it's possible. Use the Exec procedure:

Exec (programname,params:String);

One example of what I used:

  Exec('C:\NWLITE\NET.EXE','TIME PHOENIX');

Executes NET TIME C{*filter*}TE, which synchronises the local clock with the clock
running on PHOENIX.

Good luck! ;]

Goodbye and see ya later itlab1.12......
Greets from Rene.

... Hey Santa, how much for your list of {*filter*} little girls?

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. bloodshed

2. Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question

3. Bloodshed Dev-Pascal error message - please help

4. French Pascal Programming Site - Site de programmation TP en francais

5. French Pascal Programming Site - Site de programmation TP en francais

6. Web sites for freeware, shareware delphi components/utilities

7. Software Engineering Tools Web Site

8. Delphi...Delphi....Delphi - New Delphi Site

9. Demo in web site

10. Delphi Client/Server reference Sites

11. NEW Macintosh Web Site Search Engine

12. READ THE ONLY WEB SITE THAT WANTS TO KILL JEWS AND BLACKS