documentation FPC-unit <windows>?
Author Message
 documentation FPC-unit <windows>?

Hello,

I recently installed FPC for Windows95 and higher. Most of the example
files for Win32 work fine (SOME sources seem to be missing).
 I now want to make some small applications for windows using windows.
The problem is that I cannot find a description for the unit windows
(windows.ppw?). Functions like DefWindProc which are used in the demo
files seem to be identical to those in the unit windprocs of Borland
Pascal 7. But at least those concerning line drawing are either
missing or just defined differently (how?).

Can anyone point me to that information?

Thanks, Olaf.

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 documentation FPC-unit <windows>?

Quote:

> I recently installed FPC for Windows95 and higher. Most of the example
> files for Win32 work fine (SOME sources seem to be missing).
>  I now want to make some small applications for windows using windows.
> The problem is that I cannot find a description for the unit windows
> (windows.ppw?). Functions like DefWindProc which are used in the demo
> files seem to be identical to those in the unit windprocs of Borland
> Pascal 7. But at least those concerning line drawing are either
> missing or just defined differently (how?).

> Can anyone point me to that information?

The reason there is no documentation available for them is that the
Win32 API is too big. It is documented in a file win32.hlp (I believe
that's the name) which should be available from microsoft and which is
25MB (again I think that's the size) big. This file is included with
Delphi, but not available on the FPC ftp site because it is a
copyrighted document. You should be able to find it somewhere in
Microsoft's developer info.

The reason some procedures are different from BP is probably because BP
supports only 16bit windows calls, while we use the win32 ones.

Jonas

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 documentation FPC-unit <windows>?

Quote:

..
>> The problem is that I cannot find a description for the unit windows
>> (windows.ppw?). Functions like DefWindProc which are used in the demo

..
I would like to thank you for this information which was of great
help to me.
Quote:
>The reason there is no documentation available for them is that the
>Win32 API is too big. It is documented in a file win32.hlp (I believe

This is correct.

Quote:
>that's the name) which should be available from microsoft and which is
>25MB (again I think that's the size) big. This file is included with

good guess: it's 24 MB

Quote:
>Delphi, but not available on the FPC ftp site because it is a
>copyrighted document. You should be able to find it somewhere in
>Microsoft's developer info.

In fact I did not find it there although I tried to. At last I
found it at ftp://ftp.math.uh.edu/pub/sanders/Win32_API_help/
using the FTP search engine at http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/?form=medium

greetings, Olaf.

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. <><><><><><><Does anyone know..........><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

2. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

3. >>>>> CHEAP and EASY database DESIGNtool <<<<<<

4. :>>>Use mouse in Pascal<<<:

5. FPC: Documentation on Win32 units?

6. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

7. >>>> ~~~ Sound for BPW 7.0 ~~~ <<<<

8. Delphi2-Logical Field True<=>Yes,False<=>No Display

9. Technical Integration Engineer<<Delphi>>

10. <<HELP>> Re-entrering TSR

11. Setting default printer for tp 7.0 <F>ile <P>rint

12. ==>>COMPUTER HARDWARE / SOFTWARE <<==