Calling another program
Author Message
 Calling another program

I am using Turbo Pascal 5.0. Is it possible to call another
Pascal program from within a program? If so how is it done ,and if so
can you pass it parameters or variables ?

                              Andy Pope

Sun, 06 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling another program

Quote:

> I am using Turbo Pascal 5.0. Is it possible to call another
> Pascal program from within a program? If so how is it done ,and if so
> can you pass it parameters or variables ?

>                               Andy Pope

I've long ago thrown out my TP 5.0 manuals, but in TP 7.0 you use the
Exec command.  Here's an example where CmdLine is a string of a command
to execute--could be another pascal program.  Parameters could be passed
on the command line or in a file.

  SwapVectors;
  Exec(GetEnv('COMSPEC'),'/C '+CmdLine);
  SwapVectors;

Ron Muzzi, EE
Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Mon, 07 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling another program

Quote:

> =
> I am using Turbo Pascal 5.0. Is it possible to call another
> Pascal program from within a program? If so how is it done ,and if so
> can you pass it parameters or variables ?
> =
>                               Andy Pope

check out 'EXEC' in your online help...

Martijn
-- =

=AE____________________________________________=AF
           The Force Software (TPU)

=AE____________________________________________=AF

Tue, 08 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling main program routine from DLL

2. Calling Main program routine from DLL under DPMI?

3. Oracle PL\SQL Call other program

4. Calling Dos commands from inside a program?

5. Execute and return to the calling program

6. External program call from TURBO PASCAL ??

7. BDE program calls?

8. External program call from TURBO PASCAL ??

9. Properties Calling a DOS program

10. Turbo Vision: Calling a DOS-Program

11. External Program Call

12. LAST CALL: postdoc "Intentional Programming"