More RAM to TP-7
Author Message
 More RAM to TP-7

Is there a way to access more RAM that the conventional
DOS (640 K Boundary)?

Thanks

[Armando]

... The future is bright.. the future is Fidonet
___ ZapReader v0.60

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:22:09 GMT
 More RAM to TP-7

Quote:

> Is there a way to access more RAM that the conventional
> DOS (640 K Boundary)?

There are a few things in SWAG <http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/> that
append UMBs to the heap, and QMM-386 came with something that appended
video memory to the normal memory. And of course you can use one of the
dozens of XMS units... (or Flat Mode, if you're really desparate)

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:01:46 GMT
 More RAM to TP-7

Quote:

>> Is there a way to access more RAM that the conventional
>> DOS (640 K Boundary)?

>There are a few things in SWAG <http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/> that
>append UMBs to the heap, and QMM-386 came with something that appended
>video memory to the normal memory. And of course you can use one of the
>dozens of XMS units... (or Flat Mode, if you're really desparate)

Or use protected mode (with BP), or 32-bit protected mode (with FPC)

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:56:01 GMT

1. use ram with tp

2. How can I create a big array (>64K in RAM) with TP

3. BDE on Windows 3.11 with 4 MB RAM

4. BP7 mit > 64 MB RAM

5. HELP TPascal 7 under Windows 98/512M RAM/P3-900

6. search RAM in BIOS

7. RAM

8. HIMEM.SYS and .64 MB RAM

9. d2: app eats ram like crazy and crashes at 64megs

10. 128 Megs of ram with no problems.

11. creating RAM disk

12. Ram usage