Unzipping w32106.zip
Author Message
 Unzipping w32106.zip

I have just downloaded this file and started unzipping it prior to
installation.  In the process, I get three file-already-exists messages.
These result from pairs of file names whose first 8 characters are the
same:

ummsystemsrc.zip & ummsystemw32.zip
upaszlibsrc.zip & upaszlibw32.zip
uregexprsrc.zip & uregexprw32.zip

My question: how do I get these files unzipped in a form that Install can
handle?  Since the names suggest that the first of each pair is a source
file, can these be omitted in favor of the second of each pair?

Changing away from the FAT file form is, unfortunately, not an option.

Tom Parsons

                           |     finding a new one to put in its place.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~twp  |                --Margo Jefferson

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 05:29:31 GMT
 Unzipping w32106.zip

Quote:

> I have just downloaded this file and started unzipping it prior to
> installation.  In the process, I get three file-already-exists messages.
> These result from pairs of file names whose first 8 characters are the
> same:

> ummsystemsrc.zip & ummsystemw32.zip
> upaszlibsrc.zip & upaszlibw32.zip
> uregexprsrc.zip & uregexprw32.zip

Do you use a proper win32 unzipper? (which always understands LFN?)

If you are using NT4: LFNs from Dos programs (not win32-console) are not possible.

Quote:
> My question: how do I get these files unzipped in a form that Install can
> handle?  Since the names suggest that the first of each pair is a source
> file, can these be omitted in favor of the second of each pair?

Yes, the installer will see that, and only offer to select the packages you have.

Quote:
> Changing away from the FAT file form is, unfortunately, not an option.

A (V)FAT filesystem should work fine. A win32 compiler expects a win32
system though. (win95,98,ME,NT4,2000,XP)

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 05:46:02 GMT

1. unzipping w21code.zip?

2. Unzipping file in delphi

3. Free Borland Pascal/Delphi UNZIP source code (UNITs and DLL)

4. Using Info-unzip dll in Delphi 2 - wizunzip.h (0/1)

5. Using Info-unzip dll in Delphi 2 - wizunzip.h (1/1)

6. Chief's Unzip v1.10 (freeware sources) released

7. Chief's UNZIP v1.00a (freeware)

8. UnZIP code

9. Source Code to 'unzip' a ZIP file.

10. unzipping swag files

11. tsfaq48.zip and tsfaq49.zip

12. tpunzip.zip Code to decompress zipped files, S.Goehler, G.Brown