Hey is it me or did Borland forget to pack TASM in their
Author Message
 Hey is it me or did Borland forget to pack TASM in their

Quote:
>is it me or did they really forget.  Or is it a plot to rip away the
>Pascal user right to access assembly language.

Pascal users that need to do little bits of assembly can use
an ASM directive in the relevant procedure...

procedure EndOfProgram; far;
begin
     asm
        mov ah, 4ch
        int 21h
     end;
end;

Note that in TP Assembler, comments must be in {Pascal style}
;; not TASM style

TASM hasn't been a part of Borland/Turbo Pascal for as long
as I can recall.  It's a separate product.  (Personally,
I prefer the shareware A86 assembler, but that's a different
argument altogether.)

dave

Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hey is it me or did Borland forget to pack TASM in their
H|!
Quote:
>TASM hasn't been a part of Borland/Turbo Pascal for as long
>as I can recall.  It's a separate product.  (Personally,
>I prefer the shareware A86 assembler, but that's a different
>argument altogether.)

IMHO TASM.EXE was in standart package of Borland Pascal 6.0 and 7.0.
And TASM can compile 486 instructions where as TP and BP 6.0, 7.0 can compile
only 286 instructions in ASM operator(to overcome it use INLINE directive).
You can not link OBJ files compiled with 386 instructions to your pascal
program, but you can load them dynamically and call procedures and functions
from them manually (for more inforamtion read SWAGs).

{Excuse me please for my bad russian, my native language is Borland Pascal 7.0}

Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hey is it me or did Borland forget to pack TASM in their TP7.0

2. What am I doing wrong...

3. What am I doing wrong

4. what am I doing wrong

5. What am I doing wrong?

6. What am I doing wrong?

7. TDBGrid onvalidate - what am i doing wrong

8. Borland Pack Component?

9. Borland Visual Solution Pack

10. Table pack error (was: packing a database [delphi])

11. Forget C

12. Forgotten Pascal (aka: fun with pointers!)