Information about Security Datasase (ISC4.GDB) in InterBase NEEDED
Author Message
 Information about Security Datasase (ISC4.GDB) in InterBase NEEDED

Have anybody more info about SUBJ than it have been written
in InterBase documentation (it is absent there)?

I extraced Metadata ISC4.GDB by WISQL and saw two tables (HOST_INFO & USERS)

There are USER_NAME
         ,PASSWD
         ,FIRST_NAME
         ,MIDDLE_NAME
         ,LAST_NAME fields in USERS only useful, IMHO, for security purposes.

How about rest of fields?
May I think ISC4 support user grouping & privileges management for whole group?
Or these fields reserved for future implementation?

Thanks for any help

Igor V. Bodnar

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about Security Datasase (ISC4.GDB) in InterBase NEEDED

Quote:

> Have anybody more info about SUBJ than it have been written
> in InterBase documentation (it is absent there)?

> I extraced Metadata ISC4.GDB by WISQL and saw two tables (HOST_INFO & USERS)

> There are USER_NAME
>          ,PASSWD
>          ,FIRST_NAME
>          ,MIDDLE_NAME
>          ,LAST_NAME fields in USERS only useful, IMHO, for security purposes.

> How about rest of fields?
> May I think ISC4 support user grouping & privileges management for whole group?
> Or these fields reserved for future implementation?

> Thanks for any help

> Igor V. Bodnar

InterBase 3.3 supported the idea of a UID and a GID as is done in UNIX.
Rights could be assigned to the group instead of to the individual so as
to ease security measures. The difficult is that it is no longer
supported.

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page         http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page        http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users
Group

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to create a user in ISC4.GDB interbase database ?

2. INTERBASE: Need Information ???

3. can multiple Interbase GDB's work together?

4. Interbase: GDB file permissions?

5. Interbase: I/O error for file KATALOG.GDB - Error while trying to read from file

6. Interbase Security

7. How do I add a user to the Local InterBase Security database

8. Interbase security

9. InterBase Security

10. Interbase with multiuser security support

11. Interbase lack of security

12. Interbase Security Issues