GroupWise 6.5 - Import from Outlook
Author Message
 GroupWise 6.5 - Import from Outlook

Until this week I received all my EMail through Outlook connected to a
QMail server. As an experiment I have now installed GroupWise 6.5 on a
dedicated server and am sending and receiving mail fine.

I have managed to work out how to copy all my EMail folders and messages
from my Outlook .pst file to Groupwise, but have hit a major problem
during the import. When the files are copied across, Groupwise generates
a large number of Confirmed Delivery messages which are sent, in many
cases for messages that are 2 or 3 years old.

My Outlook setup was configured to ignore requests for Delivery
Confirmations and what I assume is happening is that the original
messages must still contain a flag indicating that Delivery Confirmation
was requested by the sender, but was never sent and Groupwise is
actioning that request even though it is also configured not to send
such messages.

How can I import the dozens of folders containing hundreds of messages
without generating these messages? I was not very popular when I
converted a couple of folders yesterday, as this generated about 150
messages to colleagues.

All suggestions welcomed. Thanks
--
Steve Lee-Woolf
University of Salford

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:07:40 GMT
 GroupWise 6.5 - Import from Outlook
Sorry. Ignore this message - posted to the wrong group in error

Quote:
> Until this week I received all my EMail through Outlook connected to a
> QMail server. As an experiment I have now installed GroupWise 6.5 on a
> dedicated server and am sending and receiving mail fine.

> I have managed to work out how to copy all my EMail folders and messages
> from my Outlook .pst file to Groupwise, but have hit a major problem
> during the import. When the files are copied across, Groupwise generates
> a large number of Confirmed Delivery messages which are sent, in many
> cases for messages that are 2 or 3 years old.

> My Outlook setup was configured to ignore requests for Delivery
> Confirmations and what I assume is happening is that the original
> messages must still contain a flag indicating that Delivery Confirmation
> was requested by the sender, but was never sent and Groupwise is
> actioning that request even though it is also configured not to send
> such messages.

> How can I import the dozens of folders containing hundreds of messages
> without generating these messages? I was not very popular when I
> converted a couple of folders yesterday, as this generated about 150
> messages to colleagues.

> All suggestions welcomed. Thanks

--
Steve Lee-Woolf
University of Salford
Manchester, U.K.

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:09:02 GMT

1. Import Outlook, ACT, SideKick

2. Outlook 2000

3. Paradox App and MS Outlook 97

4. outlook - windows address book - database

5. DRIVERS FROM MS OUTLOOK / EXCHANGE, FILEMAKER, FAX SERVER

6. Conflict between Delphi app and MS Outlook

7. Creating Mail for Outlook

8. Calendar grid where user can select a range like Outlook

9. outlook and email

10. Export Table to MS Outlook Contacts

11. Hang up when using D1 + ODBC + MS SQL Server 6.5

12. MSSQL 6.0 and 6.5 and TDBMEMO field report (Memo too Large)