SQL error or BDE error?
Author Message
 SQL error or BDE error?

--
Kent Perrier

Corporations don't have opinions, people do.  These are mine.
PGP 2.6 Public Key available by request and on key servers
PGP encrypted mail preferred!

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL error or BDE error?

Quote:
>I'm writing a simple application that connects to an Orcale 7 database (via
>ODBC) and extracts some data form it to generate a flat file for a perl
>script that is running on a Linux box.  I log on to the database as user
>xxx, which has access to the tabels of user yyy. Here is my SQL statement:

>   select * from yyy.foo where widget is NOT NULL and gismo is not null
>   and bar is null

>This SQL statement works fine from SQL*Plus and Database Desktop.  The
>error I get is:

>   Invalid use of keyword. Token .FOO  Line number 1

>Since the SQL statement works fine in both SQL*Plus and Database Desktop
>I don't think that it is an SQL error.  (In my testing of the SQL in
>SQL*Plus and Database Desktop I did log on to the database as user xxx,
>or in the case of Database Desktop use alias xxx.)

I would try enclosing the table reference in quotation marks, as in:

  SELECT *
  FROM "yyy.foo"
  WHERE (widget IS NOT NULL) AND (gismo IS NOT NULL) AND (bar IS NULL)

Steve Koterski
Product Group Manager
Delphi Technical Support
Borland International, Inc.

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. BDE error: 13059 (General SQL error)

2. General SQL error -- Win32 error 10054

3. SQL error codes / Delphi 3 error codes

4. General SQL error.[ODBC Access Driver]Jet error -1003

5. BDE 3.5 + SQL-Links 3.0 causes ORA-01722 ERROR DU PARSING THE PARAMETERS

6. BDE Missing ) error message on SQL statement

7. BDE/ MS SQL Server error

8. HELP!!! General SQL Error with ACCESS and BDE

9. Application without BDE, but still BDE error?