oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid
Author Message
 oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

since i'm using oracle 8 ( i think ) i've a problem
with updating records.

if I 'post' an update the first time, everything is fine,
but if the user updates a record a second time, the
second post command on the same record returns an
ora-01410 invalid rowid error.

thanks for any help in advance.

j. stoffers.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

Quote:

> since i'm using oracle 8 ( i think ) i've a problem
> with updating records.

> if I 'post' an update the first time, everything is fine,
> but if the user updates a record a second time, the
> second post command on the same record returns an
> ora-01410 invalid rowid error.

> thanks for any help in advance.

> j. stoffers.

it is a problem of oracle 8.
oracle 8 has a different foramt for the rowid.
generally the bde could handle it, but in my case ( update same record a
second time )
the bde is performing an update with a rowid in oracle7 format,
so oracle 8 raise a error.

does somebody know's this bug ?
is there a fix available ? ( i'm already use dbe 4.51)

js

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

Quote:

>it is a problem of oracle 8.
>oracle 8 has a different foramt for the rowid.
>generally the bde could handle it, but in my case ( update same record a
>second time )
>the bde is performing an update with a rowid in oracle7 format,
>so oracle 8 raise a error.

>does somebody know's this bug ?
>is there a fix available ? ( i'm already use dbe 4.51)

D4 and BDE 5.0

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

Quote:

> it is a problem of oracle 8.
> oracle 8 has a different foramt for the rowid.
> generally the bde could handle it, but in my case ( update same record a
> second time )
> the bde is performing an update with a rowid in oracle7 format,
> so oracle 8 raise a error.

ber OCBC (und ggf. den Oracle8-ODBC-Treiber oder den MS-ODBC-Treiber)
verbinden. Erst Delphi 4 soll angeblich mit O8 klarkommen.

Bye,
  Martin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ORA-01410 invalid ROWID

2. ORA-01410 on Delphi

3. Solution: Oracle 8, Delphi 3, Invalid rowid

4. Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

5. ORA-1722 Invalid number when inserting a value

6. Request live query gives ORA-00904: invalid column name

7. Delphi and Oracle 8 rowid problems

8. Delphi 3 (+BDE4.51) and Oracle 8 ROWID problem

9. ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded - Delphi - Oracle

10. Oracle/BDE Error ORA-03121

11. Oracle and Delphi -Ora-12203

12. 'Invalid ROWID' With Delphi 5 and Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 Enterprise on NT