Deleting graphic field in PDox table
Author Message
 Deleting graphic field in PDox table

Using delphi 1.0, when I delete data in a graphic field, the size of the
.MB file doesn't decrease.

I am using this code:

               Table1Picture.Clear;
               Table1.FieldByName('Picture').Assign(Table1Picture);

               ( Table1Picture is a TGraphicField)

The Graphic is loaded using LoadFromFile.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Deleting graphic field in PDox table

Quote:
> Using Delphi 1.0, when I delete data in a graphic field, the size of the
> .MB file doesn't decrease.

> I am using this code:

>                Table1Picture.Clear;
>                Table1.FieldByName('Picture').Assign(Table1Picture);

>                ( Table1Picture is a TGraphicField)

> The Graphic is loaded using LoadFromFile.

> Any advice will be appreciated!

I am not certain if .MB files are updated as you go, or if they are updated
when you pack a Paradox table.  Paradox tables need to be packed every so
often if you are constantly inserting between existing records and deleting
records found in the front of the table a lot.  The reasons behind this are
so numerous I should refer you to the magazine I subscribe to which has
covered this topic over 4+ issues of late...

"Delphi Informant" by Informant Communications Group
http://www.informant.com/

They have a WWW site with backissued articles and many components and
example source code to download and check out.  The Paradox Tables articles
might be on there, which go into detail on this subject.

Have you tried packing the table interactively through Paradox or Database
Desktop yet?

--
=======================================

There are only so many hours in the day!  I boycott all companies that send
unsolicited email (SPAM) to me.

SPAMMERS are VIRTUAL BUZZARDS hovering about the 'net looking for decaying
matter to make meals on.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Packing PDox-Table deletes _STRICT_ REFERENTIAL INTEGRITY!!!

2. saving graphic in pdox table

3. Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

4. MODIFY/ADD FIELD TO PDOX TABLE WITH DELPHI

5. Change table type Pdox 4 to Pdox 7

6. Insert Query and Integer fields (Pdox Table)

7. Q: What is the Binary field in a Pdox table used to

8. Calculated Field Problem. Delphi w/ Pdox 4.5 Table

9. how do I save and load a timage ( a bitmap ) to a Graphic field in pdox 5.0 table with Delphi 1.02 and BDE?

10. RESETTING PDOX AUTOINCREMENT FIELDS

11. PDOX Autoincrement Field

12. Pdox Formatted Memo Field ?