Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

Hello,
is there any tool that gives my users the ability to edit reports
created by Crystal Reports without forcing them to buy Crystal
Reports? The runtime modul can only show the reports but does not
allow editing.
Second Question: Is there any way to disable or hide some of the
buttons in the preview window?

Thanks in advance for any help
Mario

Fri, 13 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

Quote:
> Hello,
> is there any tool that gives my users the ability to edit reports
> created by Crystal Reports without forcing them to buy Crystal
> Reports? The runtime modul can only show the reports but does not
> allow editing.
> Second Question: Is there any way to disable or hide some of the
> buttons in the preview window?

> Thanks in advance for any help
> Mario

Crystal Runtime provide a lot of properties/methods to customize a report:
You can modify sections, SQL query, Graphics, formulas, locations, etc.
So, examine Crystal VBX/OCX/VCL whatever You use in Your program for list of methods.
There are quite wide range of those.
As for disabling buttons, You can use resource workshop to customize a preview
window design. This is the only method I know, but examine the license agreement
to be sure it's allowed.
HTH.
--
Konstantin Kuzenko. Galilei Soft.(Kiev,Ukraine).

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Report, Quick Report - where to get ?

2. Delphi 2.0 and Crystal Reports Version 5 (Regarding Sub-reports)

3. Crystal Reports!

4. Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

5. Crystal and distributing reports

6. Crystal Reports and Delphi

7. Crystal Report from Delphi 4.0

8. TMemo and Crystal Reports

9. D4 and crystal reports and ODBC???

10. Deploying Crystal report with a dictionary?

11. Crystal Reports

12. Crystal Reports