IMPORTANT: Where to get information on connecting D2 SQL-Links to DB's
Author Message
 IMPORTANT: Where to get information on connecting D2 SQL-Links to DB's

Just to save anyone else the pain that we have epxerienced trying to connect
delphi 2 SQL-Links to an ORACLE database, I thought I would post how to get
the information that you need.

As you will realise if you have tried to connect to any of the databases
except Interbase, there is NO information supplied with D2 on how to actually
connect to an ORACLE database on the CD. However, if you look on the borland
web page ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) under Techinfo/SQL-Links there are
information sheets for ORACLE, SYBASE and MS-SQL. By exactly following the
ORACLE instructions we were successful, but we wasted about a man-week on this
problem as we didnt know that these information sheets existed.

I hope that someone out there will NOT have to repeat this process because of
this message.

     Principal Operations Research Analyst
     Yallourn Energy                               Tel: +61 3 9207 7719
     9 Floor / 114 William Street                  Fax: +61 3 9606 0742
     Melbourne 3000, Australia
     PGP fingerprint = BC 53 BE 16 43 C5 BB 50  B7 9F 3D D8 49 CA 0C A0

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL (D2) problem -- getting two copies of each rown

2. Problem connecting D2/3 Standard or C++-Builder Trial to Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.501

3. SQL LINKS 32 for D2 Developer ??

4. Does D2 sql links work with oracle 8?

5. D2 SQL LINKS and MSSQL Server 6.5

6. SQL sent from D2.01 to Oracle via SQL*Net D2.01

7. D2 SQL Links

8. delphi 1.02 sql link for sybase connect error

9. Connecting to Oracle WG 7.1 with SQL*Links

10. Connecting Personal Oracle and Delphi with SQL Links

11. Connect, SQL-Links, Oracle 7, BDE, 16 bit, Delphi 2 C/S

12. Connect Oracle with SQL links - installation?