HELP PLEASE HELP
Author Message
 HELP PLEASE HELP

Quote:
>How do I use the actual data contents of a control in a program?

>eg.  A form with a DBEdit linked to 'code' field.  I want to say
>something like:
>if (CodeEdit.datafield.VALUE) = '0106' then......

>I just want to be able to use the contents of various data controls as
>values in imperative code...can it be done?

>ANSWER:

If I understand the question, how about:

  if CodeEdit.Text = '0106' then

alternatively get the current value directly from the table:

  if MyTable.FieldByName( 'code' ).AsString = '0106' then

Quote:
>Also is there a way of viewing ALL the possible methds and events of an
>object, or does the object inspector show them ALL?

>ANSWER:

The Object Inspector only shows the properties and events that are in
the PUBLISHED section of the class definition.  To see what else might
be there you can 1) check the on-line help file, 2) use the Class
Browser, 3) look at any paper docs if you have them, or 4) examine the
source code directly (often the ONLY way to see EVERYTHING).

Quote:
>Thanks
>John

>PS PLEASE post AND E-MAIL reply....

HTH

Stephen Posey

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP PLEASE HELP

Quote:

> How do I use the actual data contents of a control in a program?

> eg.  A form with a DBEdit linked to 'code' field.  I want to say
> something like:
> if (CodeEdit.datafield.VALUE) = '0106' then......

> I just want to be able to use the contents of various data controls as
> values in imperative code...can it be done?

ANSWER: check out the properties of DBEdit in the help file. In your case, pick
one:
- CodeEdit.Text = '0106'
- CodeEdit.Field.Value = '0106'
- Table1.FieldByName('CODE').AsString = '0106'
- Table1.Fields[<Field#>].AsString = '0106'

Quote:
> Also is there a way of viewing ALL the possible methds and events of an
> object, or does the object inspector show them ALL?

ANSWER: The object inspector shows all accessible at design- and run-time. To
view them all, from the menu, pick View|Browser. And, again, check the
help-file(s).

Have fun.

Jasper

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP PLEASE HELP

How do I use the actual data contents of a control in a program?

eg.  A form with a DBEdit linked to 'code' field.  I want to say
something like:
if (CodeEdit.datafield.VALUE) = '0106' then......

I just want to be able to use the contents of various data controls as
values in imperative code...can it be done?

ANSWER:

Also is there a way of viewing ALL the possible methds and events of an
object, or does the object inspector show them ALL?

ANSWER:

Thanks
John

PS PLEASE post AND E-MAIL reply....

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP PLEASE HELP

|>How do I use the actual data contents of a control in a program?
|>
|>eg.  A form with a DBEdit linked to 'code' field.  I want to say
|>something like:
|>if (CodeEdit.datafield.VALUE) = '0106' then......
|>
|>I just want to be able to use the contents of various data controls as
|>values in imperative code...can it be done?
|>
|>ANSWER:
|>
|>Also is there a way of viewing ALL the possible methds and events of an
|>object, or does the object inspector show them ALL?
|>
|>ANSWER:
|>
|>Thanks
|>John
|>
|>PS PLEASE post AND E-MAIL reply....

If (dbedit1.text)='this' then

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. programming help **please help me** its not hard

2. HELP, Please help. Delphi and TAPI

3. HELP: Please help, what client-tool to use for developing client-server applications?

4. *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME

5. Help with c:/con/con HELP!!! PLEASE

6. Please Help Help ....D4 and Oracle 8.04

7. Need help with Hailstone Sequence program please Help

8. need help on prcedures (please help)

9. I need help fixing this CASE Select code, please help

10. HELP!! Please help beginner w/ easy lab project

11. HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

12. HELP!!! please help with program