Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3
Author Message
 Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

I have had some problems in compiling the above project and the
related components in delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3.0.

The problem in Delphi 2.0 involves truncated file names. In this case
viewing the table using the menu or the Ctrl-V key allows the table to
be viewed. There are problems in generating displaying the fields and
the indices in the TOutline control.

In Delphi 3.0 the supporting components do not seem to work at all. I
have a feeling that it has to do with the sesCFGMODE2 setting in BDE
4.0 as well as some changes in the TBDEDataset code.

Is there anyone out there with a good enough understanding of
Delphi/BDE interaction to help me solve this problem?

P.S. Has anyone noticed that some databases will not open unless their
aliases are not removed and set again?  Unless the new Default Driver
and EnableBCD settings are created in the IDAPI.CFG by recreating the
alias they will not open in Delphi 3.0.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Problems in using Delphi 1.0 with an access 2.0 database

2. Problem with QuickReports 2.0 in Delphi 1.0

3. Problems using Delphi 1.0 with Access 2.0

4. ANNOUNCEMENT -- TCompress 2.0 released (for Delphi 1.0/2.0)

5. Help regarding the Nntp demo program with Delphi 2.0 C/S

6. ODE 2.0 - ODBC Components for Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

7. Can Delphi 2.0 compile for DOS target?

8. Can I use delphi 2.0 compile a program to 16bits version for Windows 3.1

9. Delphi 1.0 and Access 2.0/2.5

10. Access 2.0 ODBC drivers for Delphi 1.0

11. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

12. Delphi Data Controls (1.0 vs. 2.0)