Problems updating Informix CHAR(5000) field from Delphi 1
Author Message
 Problems updating Informix CHAR(5000) field from Delphi 1

I need to update Informix tables containing CHAR(5000) fields (the
reason for these large fields is a separate story. However, TEXT fields
would not work in my situation). If I use a TMemoField, the data is read
OK but when I attempt to edit it the database server returns an error
message to the effect that I was making an invalid attemp to use a
text/byte variable. I think it is telling me that I am trying to save it
as a memo field. I went to delphi 2 and I used a TstringField (compiled
for large strings). Same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank
you.

Gabriel

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. browse a 5000 record database (was Re: Spreadsheet runtimes/compilers sources)

2. Delphi 2.0 Update - Problems with the new BDE that comes with the update

3. Delphi/Informix/Ado/Serial fields

4. Oracle Varchar2 Field > 255 chars in Delphi

5. !!!!!Delphi/Informix Client Server PROBLEMS!!!!!

6. Delphi/Informix problems

7. Problems with Delphi-Informix

8. local SQL: memo field update problem

9. SQL: UPDATE ..NULL fields problem

10. Cannot update a Memo more than 260 chars !

11. ttable.fielddefs.update doesn't update deleted fields

12. Updating/ Inserting Records into Informix DB