Enter key instead of TAB key
Author Message
 Enter key instead of TAB key

Quote:
>The default key to move from field to field in delphi  is the TAB-key.
>Is there an easy way to change this to the Enter key ??

>Any help appreciated.

>Dirk Hoeckman

The following is from "Delphi 2.0 Knowledge Base by Marko Tietz":

First, make sure the Form's KeyPreview property is set to True, then
attach
the following procedure to the form's OnKeyPress event (easiest way is go
the form's events tab, then double-click in the OnKeyPress event, Delphi
will
then create the procedure header and body for you):

  procedure TForm1.FormKeyPress(Sender: TObject; var Key: Char);
  begin
     if (Key = #13) then
     begin
        Key := #0;                       { Eat the enter key }
        Perform(WM_NEXTDLGCTL, 0, 0);
     end;
  end;

Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Enter key instead of TAB key

The default key to move from field to field in Delphi  is the TAB-key.
Is there an easy way to change this to the Enter key ??

Any help appreciated.

Dirk Hoeckman

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Enter key instead of TAB key

Paramount Solutions wrote in an article appearing in comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.databases:

Quote:
>The default key to move from field to field in Delphi  is the TAB-key.
>Is there an easy way to change this to the Enter key ??

Either go to your Delphi CD, or to the Borland Web page and look
up tech note TI2798 for how to do it.

--

* For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to
  think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, Romans 12:3.

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Enter key instead of TAB key

Quote:

> The default key to move from field to field in Delphi  is the TAB-key.
> Is there an easy way to change this to the Enter key ??

> Any help appreciated.

> Dirk Hoeckman

This is a FAQ. Check out the Borland Web site it is detailed in a TI.
Search on Enter and Tab. If you have trouble please e-mail me and I'll
pull it off of the Knowledgebase.

Cheers.

Matthew

Matthew McDermott
McDermott Enterprises

My Web Page: http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~mattmcd
Director of Information Services & Adjunct Professor - Mathematics
The American College of Prehospital Medicine: http://www.acpm.edu/

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. using enter key instead of tab key for data entry

2. Using ENTER Key instead of TAB

3. !!!! Enter Key -> Tab Key

4. How do I make the Enter key act like the Tab key

5. Enter key as Tab in TDBGrid

6. ENTER instead of TAB

7. How do I make Enter Key Behave Like Tab Keys In DB Grid ?

8. Using the enter key to advance

9. Answering a Question by Pressing the Enter Key

10. Navigating in DBGrid using <enter>- key

11. Enter key to rotate components

12. TDBNavigator Using Enter Key