Ok, new question ....
Author Message
 Ok, new question ....

Quote:

> Since nobody seems to know the answer to my "Worwrapping a Memo field"
> question, does anyone know if delphi 2.0 still has the 255 character
> limit on string type vars?Bryan,

Delphi 2.0 has two string types: short strings, and if you couldn't guess,
long strings. Short strings are only of length 1 to 255. Long strings,
however, are only limited by the memory of your system.

There is a compiler directive, {H+}, which sets the default type for strings
to long strings - so if you just declare something as a "string" type then
Delphi will make it a long string.

This is the default though, so you shouldn't need to change anything. I
guess that it's only there so that you can use {H-} to make your program
backwards compatable for systems with only short string types or something
of that nature. Check out the help in Delphi 2.0 for more info.

      Good-luck,
          -Tom.

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Master-Detail=ok / Table=not ok !?

2. question: look ok?.

3. It is OK to laugh -- Paradox DB question

4. Ok, one more question...

5. A new day, a new question

6. OK, Im still new but this question is a little more advanced..

7. delphi question: installing a new component on the comp pallette

8. question: BP pointer NEW

9. A new newbie question...

10. new user Delphi/Paradox question

11. new programmer w simple question