YEAR 2000 PROBLEM
Author Message
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

I have delphi 3

I have gone into the BDE ADMINISTRATION and set the configuration to 4 DIGIT
Year. Thus, My Tables will now store the value 01/01/2000. But in my
application
if I enter the value 01/01/2000 it automatically displays it has 01/01/00

When I look into my tables it has stored it has 01/01/2000 - SO why does the
DBEDIT which point to this date field in my table display it has 2 year digit.

PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP

I need an answer soon

Thankyou.

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM
There are two things you can do:

1.  Go into the Control Panels and open up the Regional Settings.  Select the
Date tab and change the Short Date style to  one that shows a 4 digit year.

2.  In Delphi in your project set ShortDateFormat to something like
ShortDateFormat := 'M/DD/YYYY'.

Either one of these will work.
********************************
Michael Glatz

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

Quote:

>I have Delphi 3

>I have gone into the BDE ADMINISTRATION and set the configuration to 4
DIGIT
>Year. Thus, My Tables will now store the value 01/01/2000. But in my
>application
>if I enter the value 01/01/2000 it automatically displays it has 01/01/00

>When I look into my tables it has stored it has 01/01/2000 - SO why does
the
>DBEDIT which point to this date field in my table display it has 2 year
digit.

>PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP

Hey, don't worry. This isn't a Y2K bug - it's simply the ShortDateFormat
that Delphi is using. ShortDateFormat is a variable declared in
SysUtils.pas, and you can change it at run time.

For example, here in the UK my ShortDateFormat defaults to dd/mm/yy.

If I code
  ShortDateFormat := 'dd' + DateSeparator + 'mm' + DateSeparator + 'yyyy';

then I get four digit years in all my TDBEdits. Easy, eh?

Look in the Help under "Date/Time formatting variables" for more info.
--
Jeremy Collins
Kansai Business Systems

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM
Quote:
> When I look into my tables it has stored it has 01/01/2000 - SO why does the
> DBEDIT which point to this date field in my table display it has 2 year digit.

calm down...
are you sure you set the right mask when you want to display the data on
your form??
use the Calendar component, it's much easier and has many options.

Fede

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM
You should also look in Regional Settings in the Windows control panel
and set the long date format there.  That will cause all windows
programs that don't specify their own date formatting, to display Y2K
compliant dates.

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:59:41 -0000, "Jeremy Collins"

Quote:

>>I have Delphi 3

>>I have gone into the BDE ADMINISTRATION and set the configuration to 4
>DIGIT
>>Year. Thus, My Tables will now store the value 01/01/2000. But in my
>>application
>>if I enter the value 01/01/2000 it automatically displays it has 01/01/00

>>When I look into my tables it has stored it has 01/01/2000 - SO why does
>the
>>DBEDIT which point to this date field in my table display it has 2 year
>digit.

>>PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP

>Hey, don't worry. This isn't a Y2K bug - it's simply the ShortDateFormat
>that Delphi is using. ShortDateFormat is a variable declared in
>SysUtils.pas, and you can change it at run time.

>For example, here in the UK my ShortDateFormat defaults to dd/mm/yy.

>If I code
>  ShortDateFormat := 'dd' + DateSeparator + 'mm' + DateSeparator + 'yyyy';

>then I get four digit years in all my TDBEdits. Easy, eh?

>Look in the Help under "Date/Time formatting variables" for more info.
>--
>Jeremy Collins
>Kansai Business Systems

==================================
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services
Phone: 919-966-5878
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

Hi :)

Try also this:

Go to BDE Admin -> Configuration -> system -> formats -> date
and set fourdigityear to true.

Shalom,

Mladen Kuzminski
BORLAND / INPRISE distribucija
KONTO d.o.o. Pozega, Ured Varazdin
042/231-994, 231-713

http://www.konto.hr

LEGALNO JE SIGURNO! BSA g.i.u.
http://www.bsa.hr

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

Quote:

> Hi :)

> Try also this:

> Go to BDE Admin -> Configuration -> system -> formats -> date
> and set fourdigityear to true.

It really can't be emphasized enough ... 99% OF THE "YEAR 2000 PROBLEM"
IS MARKETING HYPE!  :-)  :-O!!

The notion of "every computer ever made melting-down precisely at
midnight on 12/31/99" is SOOOO appealing -- that no one stops to really
think about the sheer absurdity of it.  (For some rather enlightening
views on things like this, have a look at "Popular Delusions and the
Madness of Crowds," which was written 150 years ago.)

Date-conversion has attracted the public's attention simply because we
have to do it frequently these days.  BUT... it ALSO attracts the
public's attention because a lot of people have figured out that they
can make some really quick dough by attracting the public's attention to
it!

Separate the hype from the hyperbole.  IF the computer community had
been blissfully ignorant of 21st century dates (oh, since 1970, which
was the first year that 30-year mortgage loans began expiring in the
21st century...), then we would have a problem.  But they didn't.

You might (gasp!) have a problem, but I doubt it is one that has not
been solved by now.

However, I assure you with complete confidence that there are plenty of
hucksters out there right now who are telling you that the sky is
falling.  Look closely, and you'll notice that they "happen" to be
selling umbrellas...  hmmm.

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Year 2000 Problem

2. The year-2000 problem using DOS 7.0+TP 7.0

3. Year 2000 problem

4. solution 2000......year 2000 crisis

5. Year 2000: Is 1 March 2000 a Wednesday?

6. Are year 2000 Pascal problems in your future?

7. Year 2000

8. Is 2000 a leap year?

9. Y2K YEAR 2000 DATE FIX IS HERE NOW

10. BDE and Year 2000 Compliance