InterBase : Using Interbase on a Windows 95 network
Author Message
 InterBase : Using Interbase on a Windows 95 network

Can anyone tell me how to configure the Interbase on a  Widows 95 network ?

I use delphi 3 C/S. I tried with 2 machine and i use netbeui as the network
protocol. When i try to connect from the 'client' machine to the 'server' i
get the following error message : (BDE Error 10014)
                 Unable to complete network request to host .
                 Faled to establish a connection.

Any ideas gratefully received

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 InterBase : Using Interbase on a Windows 95 network

Can anyone tell me how to configure the Interbase on a  Widows 95 network ?

I use Delphi 3 C/S. I tried with 2 machine and i use netbeui as the network
protocol. When i try to connect from the 'client' machine to the 'server' i
get the following error message : (BDE Error 10014)
                 Unable to complete network request to host .
                 Faled to establish a connection.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 InterBase : Using Interbase on a Windows 95 network

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me how to configure the Interbase on a  Widows 95 network ?
>I use Delphi 3 C/S. I tried with 2 machine and i use netbeui as the network
>protocol. When i try to connect from the 'client' machine to the 'server' i
>get the following error message : (BDE Error 10014)
>                 Unable to complete network request to host .
>                 Faled to establish a connection.
>Any ideas gratefully received

Check the INTRBASE.LOG file on the server.  Is there an entry there?  If not,
then the problem is in the connection itself and Borland's Communication
Diagnostic tool (Delphi C/S) can be a great help.

There are two distinct ways to connect, NetBEUI (e.g. "//phoenix/mydata.gdb")
versus TCP/IP (e.g. "PHOENIX:mydata.gdb") with slightly different setups for
each.

If you do find a cryptic-message and there IS an INTRBASE.LOG file, then you
will usually find several more lines of infinitely-more-descriptive
information in that; information which never appears on the end-user screen.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interbase 1.0 error inserting more than 1650 tubles in tables using Windows 95

2. InterBase Server for Windows 95?

3. Using Turbo Pascal version 5.5 in Windows 95

4. using internet sockets under windows 95

5. Using a window like the Windows 95 taskbar

6. BIOS calls under windows 95 using BP7

7. Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95

8. ODBC Drivers for Interbase 4.0 in Win 95

9. Interbase/w NT and Win 95

10. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

11. Windows 3.1 software developed on windows 95

12. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT