Exporting Pdox tables to Excel
Author Message
 Exporting Pdox tables to Excel

I want my app (in delphi 3) to be able to export either all the record
in a table, or search results, to MS Excel 5.0/95 and 97 format. Does
anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks, Finn

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Exporting Pdox tables to Excel

Quote:

> I want my app (in Delphi 3) to be able to export either all the record
> in a table, or search results, to MS Excel 5.0/95 and 97 format. Does
> anyone know how this can be done?

> Thanks, Finn

Stefan Hoffmeister has written a component named T(Adv)Excel, which does
the work nicely. You can find it on the Delphi Superpage
(sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/), in the Delphi 2.0 | Invisible Components
section.

Good luck!

Erik Lagerstrom
Forlagsgruppen Data, Sweden

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Exporting Pdox tables to Excel

Quote:

>> I want my app (in Delphi 3) to be able to export either all the record
>> in a table, or search results, to MS Excel 5.0/95 and 97 format. Does
>> anyone know how this can be done?

>> Thanks, Finn
>Stefan Hoffmeister has written a component named T(Adv)Excel, which does
>the work nicely. You can find it on the Delphi Superpage
>(sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/), in the Delphi 2.0 | Invisible Components
>section.

Another possibility is to do a TBatchMove to a DBF table, then
just do a ShellExecute of that filename - this will cause Excel
to open it, assuming Excel is mapped to handle .dbf files
(or WinExec "Excel youdbffilename.dbf" or something like that)

Alan McCulloch

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Exporting Pdox tables to Excel

Quote:

> >> I want my app (in Delphi 3) to be able to export either all the record
> >> in a table, or search results, to MS Excel 5.0/95 and 97 format. Does
> >> anyone know how this can be done?

> >> Thanks, Finn

Or you can do it the other way around: write a macro in Excel that calls
MS Query with the select statement you want, and have Excel import the
data itself. Excel (and the macro) can then be started by your Delphi
program.
In this case, you need a Paradox ODBC driver of course, but up to now
I've never seen a Windows 95 installation without such a driver.

Marc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Change table type Pdox 4 to Pdox 7

2. Export to Excel

3. HELP: Export to Excel files, how??

4. exporting data to excel sheets

5. EXPORTING and IMPORTING to excel 97

6. Export to EXCEL

7. Exporting QuickReport results to MS Excel

8. Excel import/export

9. How to export DBGrid's data to Excel

10. Team B - help please... Exporting Pdox table into QuickBooks Pro???

11. TBatchMove and table export

12. BDE table import/export c