BDE Issues
Author Message
 BDE Issues

Hi All

I apologise if this is an oft-repeated question here on the newsgroup.

We have a Delphi4 app using BDE5 connecting to oracle7.3. I had to
deploy this software
on a machine having existing BDE installation ( being used by an app
written in paradox 4)
Though the BDEv5 was installed correctly, the oracle drivers didnt show
up. Can anyone
advise to to make both the apps work?
TIA
Vicky

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE Issues
My guess is that the BDE/5 just updated drivers that were already
installed.
Install with a 'full' BDE installation routine (f.ex. one that came with
Delphi C/S or something like that),
then run the BDE/5 update once more.

Aage J.

Quote:

> Hi All

> I apologise if this is an oft-repeated question here on the newsgroup.

> We have a Delphi4 app using BDE5 connecting to oracle7.3. I had to
> deploy this software
> on a machine having existing BDE installation ( being used by an app
> written in paradox 4)
> Though the BDEv5 was installed correctly, the oracle drivers didnt show
> up. Can anyone
> advise to to make both the apps work?
> TIA
> Vicky

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE Issues
Hi Vicky,

Your best bet is to coontact Oracle and ask them to give you a list of all
dependencies and there correct installed locations i.e. Win... Win\Sys
Ora...Ora\Sys32 etc...

Then add the dependencies and there locations to your install script. We had
simpilar problems but they did hand it over pretty quickly after they
verified our licencing etc...

good luck...

Royboy...

Quote:

>Hi All

>I apologise if this is an oft-repeated question here on the newsgroup.

>We have a Delphi4 app using BDE5 connecting to oracle7.3. I had to
>deploy this software
>on a machine having existing BDE installation ( being used by an app
>written in paradox 4)
>Though the BDEv5 was installed correctly, the oracle drivers didnt show
>up. Can anyone
>advise to to make both the apps work?
>TIA
>Vicky

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Lock Files grown too large & other BDE issues: Some Help!

2. BDE Copyright issue

3. BDE 4.0 Strange issue?.?.?

4. .BDE client install on NT - security issue

5. issuing sql delete using tQuery????D2

6. TDateTimeField / TDateField Issue

7. Performance issue

8. timing issue

9. D5 & MS-SQL Server 7 Licencing Issues

10. Focus Issue: DBComboBox in TDBGrid

11. Delphi Maazine issue 48

12. A DBNavigator Issue.