Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
Author Message
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields

How can I save Formatted Rich Text in a SQL Server Text Field without losing
the formatting?

Thanks in anticipation

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
That depends entirely upon the front-end.  If you are using some kind of
rich text control, it should have a property you can read for the text
including all the formatting codes.

Quote:

>How can I save Formatted Rich Text in a SQL Server Text Field without
losing
>the formatting?

>Thanks in anticipation

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
That's right, if you're using the Visual Basic rich text control it has a
.Text property and a .TextRTF property.  The .TextRTF property will return
the text and all the associated codes which you can store in SS Text field.

Dianne Siebold

Quote:

>That depends entirely upon the front-end.  If you are using some kind of
>rich text control, it should have a property you can read for the text
>including all the formatting codes.

>>How can I save Formatted Rich Text in a SQL Server Text Field without
>losing
>>the formatting?

>>Thanks in anticipation

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields

Quote:

>That's right, if you're using the Visual Basic rich text control it has a
>.Text property and a .TextRTF property.  The .TextRTF property will return
>the text and all the associated codes which you can store in SS Text field.

>Dianne Siebold

Nothing like that in Delphi's TRichEdit though, eh? I couldn't find it?
Anybody knows?

Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
In TDBRichText, set PlainText property to False.

Good luck.
Gene

Quote:

>>That's right, if you're using the Visual Basic rich text control it has a
>>.Text property and a .TextRTF property.  The .TextRTF property will return
>>the text and all the associated codes which you can store in SS Text
field.

>>Dianne Siebold

>Nothing like that in Delphi's TRichEdit though, eh? I couldn't find it?
>Anybody knows?

>Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
Mmm, yeah, but the point was to save somehow the info related to the
formatting, not just the text...

Quote:

>In TDBRichText, set PlainText property to False.

>Good luck.
>Gene

>>>That's right, if you're using the Visual Basic rich text control it has a
>>>.Text property and a .TextRTF property.  The .TextRTF property will
return
>>>the text and all the associated codes which you can store in SS Text
>field.

>>>Dianne Siebold

>>Nothing like that in Delphi's TRichEdit though, eh? I couldn't find it?
>>Anybody knows?

>>Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields
Sorry--misinterpreted the question.  One needs to set PlainText property to
True to save formatting.

Good luck.
Gene

Quote:

>Mmm, yeah, but the point was to save somehow the info related to the
>formatting, not just the text...

>>In TDBRichText, set PlainText property to False.

>>Good luck.
>>Gene

>return
>>field.

>>>Nothing like that in Delphi's TRichEdit though, eh? I couldn't find it?
>>>Anybody knows?

>>>Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Rich text stored to field in table???

2. Searching Rich text in Blob fields

3. SQL Server text fields

4. Rich-text Format Database in Delphi

5. Printing Rich Text from a Database

6. Rich text, Quick Reports and Access Violations

7. SMTP & Rich Text

8. Rich Text Format

9. Need help with Rich Text Format

10. Need help with Rich Text Format

11. Flaky Quick Report Rich Text Component.

12. Rich Text Format Tmemo or TDBMemo ???