VB4 Vs Delphi 3 Database handling
Author Message
 VB4 Vs Delphi 3 Database handling

Hi.
I have been given the task of comparing delphi 3 with VB4 as our corporate
development tool.  The first
test is to convert a VB program to Delphi.  The prog creates MSAccess data
bases programatically.. No problem in VB.   In Delphi I can create new
Tables in a MSAccess DB, but I can't find out how to create the DB itself.
I have tried Alias's, Local Aliases.... I always get a DB doesn't exist
message.

Anyone know how to do this... some sort of sample would be useful.
Thanks
Peter Lloyd
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VB4 Vs Delphi 3 Database handling

I don't believe you can create the db programmatically, but it's simple
enough to have an empty database somewhere as a template and just grab a
copy of it when you need a new one...

I think you will find that VB is slightly easeir to use for local databases
but Delphi will knock the socks of it when it comes to client/server.

HT

--
Vincent Parrett
VSoft Technologies Pty Ltd

Web : http://www.albury.net.au/~vparrett/vsoft-tech

Quote:
> Hi.
> I have been given the task of comparing Delphi 3 with VB4 as our
corporate
> development tool.  The first
> test is to convert a VB program to Delphi.  The prog creates MSAccess
data
> bases programatically.. No problem in VB.   In Delphi I can create new
> Tables in a MSAccess DB, but I can't find out how to create the DB
itself.
> I have tried Alias's, Local Aliases.... I always get a DB doesn't exist
> message.

> Anyone know how to do this... some sort of sample would be useful.
> Thanks
> Peter Lloyd
> --

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi II vs. VB4

2. VB4 vs Delphi

3. Delphi Vs. VB4.0 Question

4. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

5. VB4 or Delphi and Notes support.

6. VB4 calls to Delphi DLL

7. Delphi Paradox and VB4

8. Delphi vs BC 4.5.1 + Database Engine/programmers assistance

9. Performance of Delphi with Access vs other databases?

10. Database development: Delphi vs. Paradox

11. BP 7.0 vs VB vs Delphi

12. VB vs Delphi vs C/C++