duplicate records in TDBGrid
Author Message
 duplicate records in TDBGrid

I've the next table (ARTICLE) in an Access 97 MDB database:

ID      NAME            CODE
1       Deskjet 500     DJ500
2       PII-233         P21
3       Cherry keyb     CK
...     ...             ...

When I set the IndexFieldNames property to NAME;ID everything is OK. But
when I set that property to CODE;ID, I always get duplicated records in the
TDBGrid?

Is there somebody who has had the same problem as I and know the answer???
Please let me know!

Thx in advance...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 duplicate records in TDBGrid
Robben Mario schrieb:

Quote:
> I've the next table (ARTICLE) in an Access 97 MDB database:

> ID      NAME            CODE
> 1       Deskjet 500     DJ500
> 2       PII-233         P21
> 3       Cherry keyb     CK
> ...     ...             ...

> When I set the IndexFieldNames property to NAME;ID everything is OK.
> But
> when I set that property to CODE;ID, I always get duplicated records
> in the
> TDBGrid?

> Is there somebody who has had the same problem as I and know the
> answer???
> Please let me know!

> Thx in advance...

Using Paradox Tables I made the expirience that when using the
IndexFields property it only works if the order of fields within the
index is equal to the order of fields in the database. Example : the
primary index can only be set to the first field of the database. It
seems that something like that occurs the wrong result.
I only use the SQL especially for sorting tables within the DBGrid at
runtime.

--
Best regards
Mit freundlichen Gr?en

Carsten B?umchen
================
http://www.Bundesligaverwaltung.home.pages.de
http://www.MDIPanel.home.pages.de

================
Neuss, Germany

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. duplicate records in join

2. Duplicate Error on insert record

3. Handling Duplicate records

4. Using SQL to delete duplicate records

5. Duplicate records

6. Tracking duplicate records?

7. Duplicate records in Interbase

8. Duplicating Records

9. Duplicating records D4 & Paradox

10. How to Duplicate Records with TTable Component

11. append records without duplicates keys

12. Duplicate record problem D3 C/S