Delphi Desktop 2.0
Author Message
 Delphi Desktop 2.0

RAD stands for Rapid Application Development, but not for Rapid Application
Deployment. I wrote a small database program, read the deploy.txt, found the
supplied installshield program, but cannot deploy the program to another
similar computer. It appears that unless delphi desktop 2.0 is fully installed
on the destination computer, it isn't going to work. The program works fine on
my pentium with windows 95(obviously) and the destination is a pentium with
windows 95. Through a series of attempts with the installshield, I have only
managed to successfully bring up error messages. One 'can't find alias' and the
other, 'can't initialse the DBE'. Has anyone succeeded in deploying a database
program. ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi Desktop 2.0

Quote:
>RAD stands for Rapid Application Development, but not for Rapid Application
>Deployment. I wrote a small database program, read the deploy.txt, found the
>supplied installshield program, but cannot deploy the program to another
>similar computer. It appears that unless Delphi desktop 2.0 is fully installed
>on the destination computer, it isn't going to work. The program works fine on
>my pentium with windows 95(obviously) and the destination is a pentium with
>windows 95. Through a series of attempts with the installshield, I have only
>managed to successfully bring up error messages. One 'can't find alias' and the
>other, 'can't initialse the DBE'. Has anyone succeeded in deploying a database
>program. ?

John,

        Once you have installed the program and the BDE onto a client
computer you have a couple of steps to complete before the database
can be use.

        1) Make sure all ODBC drivers (if needed) are present and
listed in the 32-Bit ODBC configuration editor inside Control Panel.
If you do not have the 32-Bit ODBC manager you need to install that as
well (availble in VC++,VB,Office95 &97)

        2) Run the BDE configuration manager and create a New ODBC
Driver for your type of database.

        3) Create a New Alias and make sure the Driver is set to the
ODBC driver you just created.

        That is basically it. Any questions/problems let me know.

                                Good Luck,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi Desktop 2.0 and the Delphi Developer

2. DBCtrlGrid in Delphi Desktop 2.0

3. Help--Delphi 2.0 Developer or Desktop version?

4. Database Desktop (Open and Detach) option in Delphi 2.0 RunTime

5. ODBC Desktop Database Drivers v 2.0

6. ODE 2.0 - ODBC Components for Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

7. Access 2.0 to Delphi 2.0

8. ANNOUNCEMENT -- TCompress 2.0 released (for Delphi 1.0/2.0)

9. Accessing Access 2.0 MDBs from Delphi 2.0

10. Delphi 2.0 and Access 2.0

11. Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

12. Help with Delphi 2, Oracle 7.2 and Desktop 7