Problem with BatchMove to an Access Table
Author Message
 Problem with BatchMove to an Access Table

I'm having trouble saving the results of a query of DB2 mainframe data to
an Access database using the create option of the BatchMove object.  When I
try to save the query results, I get the following error message "General
SQL error.  Field 'filename.fieldname' can't be a zero-length string.
Table."  I gather that the blank fields I'm getting back from the DB2 table
are zero-length strings that Access doesn't like.  I can save the query
results to a PARADOX table, and then query the PARADOX table (select * from
paradoxfile.db), and then the batchmove to an Access table works fine.  I
want to be able to create the Access tables on the fly because the fields
I'm pulling in from DB2 vary. There is always the chance of a blank field.

Does anyone know a way around this?  Is there a setting I can use with DB2
(Intersolve ODBC driver) to change the format of blank fields?  I've looked
at the Access help, and it discusses some DAO? parameters that might do
something, but it's not clear how I use them in delphi (C/S version 4).
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
--
To reply, remove the e^xdudx (start of the MIT cheer) from the address

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BatchMove and Table.Modified problems

2. Batchmove (batCopy-table) problem !!!

3. BatchMove and Dbase tables

4. BatchMove KeyViolTable not creating a table - Why?

5. Batchmove between query and table

6. Problem with Batchmove

7. BatchMove problems

8. BatchMove Progress Bar Problem No.2!!

9. Progress bar problem (BatchMove)

10. HELP BatchMove Problems

11. BatchMove Problem

12. batchmove problem