EMail Archive
Author Message
 EMail Archive

My company wants to have a copy of all E-mails coming to the company mail
server. It should be fairly easy and fast accessable. I want to store them
in MS SQL database an write an application in delphi which retrieves this
E-Mails and stores them into a SQL Server Database. It should use 3 or 4 SQL
Server tables which are linked by Idetity. But Delphi raises an error
Record/Key Deleted. I found the exception handler  on delphi site for such
cases. But it works only for 1 attached SQL server table. How can I extend
this to more. Or may be there isan other way of doing this.

Thank you

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 EMail Archive
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:47:18 +0400, "Alexanderr Veselov"

Quote:

>My company wants to have a copy of all E-mails coming to the company mail
>server. It should be fairly easy and fast accessable. I want to store them
>in MS SQL database an write an application in delphi which retrieves this
>E-Mails and stores them into a SQL Server Database. It should use 3 or 4 SQL
>Server tables which are linked by Idetity. But Delphi raises an error
>Record/Key Deleted. I found the exception handler  on delphi site for such
>cases. But it works only for 1 attached SQL server table. How can I extend
>this to more. Or may be there isan other way of doing this.

The 'Record/Key deleted' message is usually due to a Delphi app
posting a record which is then somehow changed by the back-end.  This
is typical of autoinc fields or triggers that put default values and
calculated info on the record they are about to write.

The problem is that the app doesn't know what is going to happen on
the back-end.  After posting the record it checks to find and refresh
it and it is not there (not identical to the version posted by the
app).  This convinces the app that the record has been deleted.

You either exclude server side updated fields from the Delphi dataset
you are updating or, before posting, you should somehow get the value
that will be written by the back-end and put it in the correct field
(so as to avoid suprprises to the app).

Regards,

--
Marco Rocci
MicroEra srl

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Swag archives

2. Looking for information on archive password checking.

3. archiving files by filename

4. About Garbo archive mirrors

5. In search of newsgroup archives...

6. SWAG Archive Inactivity

7. Free Pascal Mailing List archives

8. Frequent questions about Garbo program archives

9. Archives

10. Archives

11. SigmaNet Pascal Archives

12. : About copyrights of garbo.uwasa.fi FTP/WWW archives and its files