TIA

Best Regards
Artwin

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:05:37 GMT
 BDE and ADO
Hi
Borland have stopped development of BDE.
If you use ADO, you don't have to install a client databaseengine.
You only need a ODBC connection.  All connectivity is built into the
exe.  You take advantage of the functionality that comes with windows.
BDE is the past and ADO is the future. (more or less)
You can use ADO if you are going to develop only for Windows platform.

Converting from BDE to ADO is very easy.  The commands are almost the
same.

Regards
Roger

Quote:

>Hi All

>Which better to use BDE or ADO , Why ?
>Iam confused .. !?

>any help plze.

>TIA

>Best Regards
>Artwin

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 03:32:16 GMT
 BDE and ADO
To have use both i can say that i began using ADO in my last projet to built
a application that communicate with an access table and it was so easy to
use.

the BDE table is alone a big task, in ADO u just have to set your connection
and voil. U still got to have the engine for your your DB connection to
work (i used jet 4.0 between ado and Access and it seems to work well.

Quote:
> Hi
> Borland have stopped development of BDE.
> If you use ADO, you don't have to install a client databaseengine.
> You only need a ODBC connection.  All connectivity is built into the
> exe.  You take advantage of the functionality that comes with windows.
> BDE is the past and ADO is the future. (more or less)
> You can use ADO if you are going to develop only for Windows platform.

> Converting from BDE to ADO is very easy.  The commands are almost the
> same.

> Regards
> Roger

> >Hi All

> >Which better to use BDE or ADO , Why ?
> >Iam confused .. !?

> >any help plze.

> >TIA

> >Best Regards
> >Artwin

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:55:31 GMT
 BDE and ADO
ADO, much less problems.

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:11:44 GMT

1. BDE vs ADO performance

2. BDE vs ADO vs Apollo

3. BDE vs ADO

4. Migrating from BDE to ADO

5. ADO, Delphi, Oracle 8i and NO BDE

6. ADO - BDE

7. DB alternatives to BDE/ADO/DAO ???

8. How to get the database type (ADO vs BDE)

9. Record locking with ADO Express, ADO 2.5 and Access 2000 .mdb files

10. Estack overflow error - ADO components - Delphi 6 indy & ADO components - win98

11. ado, od bc, etc ... *newbie*

12. Ado Access Seek???