DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records
Author Message
 DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records

Hi,

Can anyone write me, how can I delete physically the deleted records
from
a dbf file? If I know well, it's only marked with an * (asterisk), and
is not visible for the next operations. Is there any solution?
Thanks
 Akos

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can anyone write me, how can I delete physically the deleted records
> from
> a dbf file? If I know well, it's only marked with an * (asterisk), and
> is not visible for the next operations. Is there any solution?
> Thanks
>  Akos

The only way is packing the table.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records

Quote:

>> Hi,

>> Can anyone write me, how can I delete physically the deleted records
>> from
>> a dbf file? If I know well, it's only marked with an * (asterisk), and
>> is not visible for the next operations. Is there any solution?
>> Thanks
>>  Akos

>The only way is packing the table.

And this is the way to do it (only with dBase tables!!)

    try
      { Pack Table }
      Check(DbiPackTable(Table1.DBHandle,Table1.Handle,
          NIL,szDBASE,TRUE));
    finally
      Table1.CursorPosChanged;
      Table1.Refresh;
    end;

Remember to put the DB unit in the uses-clause..

Regards,
Eric

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. dBase BatchMove deletes record ID

2. deleting records from dbase table

3. deleted dbase records

4. filtering deleted dbase records

5. dBase Record Deletes

6. Deleted records in dbase tables

7. How to delete records in a dBase table?

8. How to recall deleted Dbase Record?

9. Deleting records in a DBASE file

10. D1: DBase-Tables, RecordCount and deleting records

11. How to Pack Dbase file after deleting records in Delphi

12. Problem with TTable after deleting all records in DBase table